• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how well do you get on with your vet ?

madysmummy

Mama Doe
mine is really good and today as moses and i were crossing the road there he was and the nurse looking at me and waving from the front of the vets !
i do think he thinks i'm kinda crazy and knows i go on here and talks about the 'rabbit forum' but he's good with mady and moses and winds me up as well.

Now you'll all be suprised at this :shock: but my vet braces herself for interrogation when I come in - she must dread it as I always argue about everything :p But she's very good really - doesn't get all superior about it and really tells me what's going on :) As for the other vets at the practise - I avoid them like the plague :?

My vet is quite serious but seems to take what I say seriously, and doesn't treat me like some sort of idiot.

I used to have a vet who was a lovely person, and always gushed over the animals etc etc. Unfortunately she turned out to be completely useless!! I know which vet I prefer! :)

I really like one vet at the practice and always ask for her...she's really nice and kind to Audrey and jokes about her naughtiness. Audrey needs her teeth checking and myxi jab but shes on holiday at the moment, so I've had to make an appointment for the 1st so I get her.

I am so lucky to have such a great Vet :D I could not cope with having so many Bunnies if it were not for all the support I receive from Christobel
And much of her advice comes free of charge :D

Janex

I've just changed vets, because my old one wasn't too experienced with bunnies, it seemed. As ARC and Jane recommended Christabel, and I would take any ARC foster bunnies to her, anyway, I go to her with my own bunnies, too. She is very nice ( and half Bavarian) and is taking her time to talk to you. I can't say much more after just one meeting. She did a good job with neutering Luna. :D

Mine is fab as are all the staff there, the nurses and receptionist. They are so nice and kind. Best vet I have ever found for sure.

I love my vet :D she is actually a very good freind too hehe! Its just lucky that her 'thing' is rabbits!
I actually have a handful of vets that I like and trust so have back up if she is on holiday :D

I am very happy with my vet's practice as a whole.....there are two vets whom I ADORE, one who I don't like quite as well but always does well by my buns.......and two that I flatly REFUSE to let see my buns!!! So I just make certain when booking appointments that I specifically request who I wish to see! The receptionists and nurses are all really lovely and friendly, too.:D

I get on great with the vets I use. Theres 3 branches very close so I can normally get in to see someone. As a result of there being 3 branches theres obviously quite a few vets, but they are all great. One told Joe (who wants to be a vet) to contact them when he is older. When we go to the vets, I let Joe do the talking normally and most of the time, he tells the vet what to do! and he's right :lol: :lol:

My vet is superb. She always listens to me and answers any questions I have. She is very rabbit savvy and knows my 8 individually. In the past I have found some vets can get narky if they feel you are telling them their job but the way I see it is they are my animals and I want to know the ins and outs of any treatment they have. :lol: I'm given free stuff or free consults, discounts on vacs, priority appointments. She has also taken one of my animals home with her to care for as she didn't want to leave him with the vet nurse overnight.

well one of mine died - he was 27 and died at the surgery :cry: - it was him and his girlfriend and now his girlfriend runs it by herrself - which is worrying but I think I would actually take my buns down the road to the animal hospital if there was a major problem.
but ass to how well I know them :lol: When I phone up they know my number and say hey Sarah! :lol: and they send the bunnies love notes when they need their vaccinations! :lol:

well one of mine died - he was 27 and died at the surgery :cry: - it was him and his girlfriend and now his girlfriend runs it by herrself - which is worrying but I think I would actually take my buns down the road to the animal hospital if there was a major problem.
but ass to how well I know them :lol: When I phone up they know my number and say hey Sarah! :lol: and they send the bunnies love notes when they need their vaccinations! :lol:

oh thats terrible about your vet dying - 27 thats no age ! i'll be 27 next year !
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i actually know my vets pretty well as i work for them :lol: some of the time.

the two male vets are very good and very funny and one of them always tries to wind me up and i occasionally have to threaten to kidnap one of his dogs to get him to shut up:lol:

there is a new lady vet who has just qualified and she is nice but still learning a lot.

We love our vets and trust them implicitally. They are always friendly and helpful and most importantly, treat the rabbits as individual little characters and make time for a stroke and cuddle. The receptionists are fab too and remember us and the 'family' by name. When we lost Molly we had a lovely card expressing their sympathies, signed by everyone at the practice. Would definitely recommend!! x

I have only just found a vet recently who is great with the bunnies and doesnt think Im a nutter :D Although last time I saw him I was sitting on the floor of the vets in the middle of the night crying so he may have changed his mind :shock: :lol:

The receptionists are just plain rude for no reason at all though :?

I get on really well with my vet, she's honest and doesn't beat about the bush and knows what she's on about as well. The receptionists are great too - I take them magazines that are left on the aircraft so they look forward to me coming!! :lol:

I am so lucky to have such a great Vet :D I could not cope with having so many Bunnies if it were not for all the support I receive from Christobel
And much of her advice comes free of charge :D

Janex

Oi, Jane! Don't you have something to say about her nurses too?!

I like the two girl vets i had when poppy was spayed, they were really friendly and knowledgeable and loved poppy. but i had a guy who vaccinated sorrel who was really superior and would just drone on for ages without actually answering the question id asked, he proper loved the sound of his own voice. he seemed to know his stuff though. :/

Back