• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a Week ...

Becca6

Mama Doe
Bella and Tarquin both stopped eating and pooping over the weekend. :(

Tarquin went to the vet on Sunday and Monday for gut stimulants and painkiller.

Bella had to go to the vet Monday, Tuesday, was admitted on Wednesday before coming home yesterday. She needed gut stimulants and sub-cut fluids.

Both had a long-lasting antibiotic injection in case there was an underlying infection.

On Monday after I got them back from the vet I went out for a few hours, and when I left them they were both stuffing their mouths with hay - I could almost see in their faces the fear of being taken to the vet again. :?

Bella came home last night full of beans. She still hadn't pooped but had eaten lots of hay so the vet was confident she'd start pooping once she was comfortable at home. Plus she was being her usual feisty self and had tried to bite some of the nurses! :oops:

She was so pleased to be home. She rushed round terrorising poor Oliver and there was lots of nose rubbing and paw touching through the bars of T's cage, which was really sweet. He had obviously missed her and was so happy she was back. They may not be able to live together, but they definitely get something from being close to each other. :)

This morning both Bella and T were desperate for pellets and both have been munching on hay overnight and Bella has done loads of lovely normal sized poops in her litter tray.

So, six days later, I'm £180 poorer, but am starting to relax and enjoy being round them again.

Big big thanks to Sooz for all your support and advice this week - I've been a bit of a nervous wreck. :)

I'm King of the Castle:

BT-6.jpg

Home Sweet Home:

BT-8-1.jpg

Goodnight:

BT.jpg

Awww I'm glad they are both settling in and being good neighbours now - what a worrying couple of weeks you've had and I hope you can relax and enjoy them now :) I don't rate bonding as you know - you are the best judge of how happy your bunnies are, and I can see my 2 singles are fine as neighbours so I'm sure yours will be too - pain with the cleaning and run juggling though isn't it? :roll: Takes me all day to juggle 6 bunnies :lol:

:shock:

Crikey, what a stressful few days !!

I am so pleased that the Buns are now better :D

Healing vibes for your Bank Balance though :? :rolleyes:

Janex

Seeing how happy they were to see each other has certainly made me feel that they don't need to be together to get the companionship they need and deserve. Last night they both kept going and sitting near the other and it looked like they were kissing through the bars - very touching. I have to work out when I get home how many hours until bedtime and divide it up so they get an equal share of time out which I did struggle with at first but they are both choosing to go and sit in their cage in their "out" time so they're obviously happy which makes me happy. My bank balance definitely needs time to heal - thank goodness it's pay day next week!

Back