• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor cage for 3 legged bun - Help!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I'm thinking of bringing Beastor and his new wife Crunchie indoors for the winter because he is sooo thin and pathetic looking. :(

Problem is that Beastor only has 3 legs, so can't jump into a normal indoor cage with plastic tray/wire top.

I know everyone's gonna say get a dog crate, but I don't want the mess.

What I really want is an indoor cage with high sides, and a low door.

Anybody seen anything like this??

Amy

Can you not just get a dog crate and attach perspex (sp?:lol: ) around the bottom so that nothing can get out? x

Oh man my spelling of perspex is well off - do you even know what i mean :lol: :oops:

we have a ordinary cage with a run attached and a plastic sheet under the whole thing and pegged to the sides to the mess doesn't get kicked out! could you do this with a dog crate? just cut a lower bit for the door.

I've got a dog crate you can have, have tried to sell it but no luck so its free to a good home!

You know those bendy log things? (hope i'm making sense here :lol: ) Could you bend one over the cage entrance as a step up? I've used one with a dog crate before.

no we are about 5 mins from Sooz's. And you're more than welcome as Sean keeps complaining about it taking up room in his hall way!

We have one of those log tunnel things bent over the doorway opening for the rabbit cage and the buns leap on and over it so i'm sure a three legged bun would do fine with one on a dog crate.

Just pm me if and when you come to Sheffield and its all yours :D

Back