• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby gate / stair gate for bunnies

racheld69

Mama Doe
Does anyone know of a good baby/stair gate that has small gaps between the bars andround the edge so it can be used for a bunny?

Mothercare has a few (which you can see in situe) and starts at about 23 quid. You can add/remove bars at the side.

We also have one of the cheapest from argos but the gaps are a little bigger.

You could always wrap/weave some mesh between the bars :) You can get really cheap, almost-new babygates at carboots etc too

What about the mesh ones? then there are no bars for them to squeeze through. They have one in Argos with £5 off.

I have a fabric one. It was my god-daughters but she started to try & sit on it!! It's plain fabric for an inch or two around the edges then mesh in the middle. It's good, there's tiny gaps at the edges, but nothing a bun could fit through!

i think my buns would eat their way through that one :lol: they already chew the bars of our metal one to try and get out and when we had wire mesh when they were smaller, spent the whole time tugging it with their teeth.

I got the mesh one today from argos but am taking it back. It was really good ie no bunnies could get past it but every time you want to get past you press the buton and it takes the whole thing off the wall which is a faff (ie then you have to re-align it and press button again to refit it up). Would be good if you just wanted to leave it up and not go through it lots. Am going to change it for one with narrow bars and small bar gaps which is only £23ish at argos i think and it has a gate in the middle that you open and close.

Back