• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belgian Hare Bonding - Advice??

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi, I am rehoming Roxy and a lady is interested who has a belgian hare, male and neutered. She said he is not overly large and is very calm and placid.
Anyone got any advice as to whether this would be a good pairing as i don't know anything about Belgian Hares.

Any info appreciated!! Ive searched google etc but nothing of any use.

Adele has a belgian hare and I know she has said before she would never consider bonding her as their bones are too fragile (i think thats what she said) Why dont you drop Adele a pm :D

... just bumping this up to see if anyone else has any advice?

The lady is supposed to be coming to see Roxy tomorrow morning so if it's not going to be a suitable match i'd rather let her know asap.

Thanks

Hiya,

I wouldn't rule out bonding all together because the rabbit's a particular breed :) The bonding area would be bigger to make sure the hare isn't going to run and crash into things but I don't see why it can't be done. If this particular bun is quite placid and a neutered male then a female rex sounds like a good potential match :)

Tam

ps. I know Rab Residence had a bonded belgium hare :)

rabbit_3463.jpg

Hiya,

I wouldn't rule out bonding all together because the rabbit's a particular breed :) The bonding area would be bigger to make sure the hare isn't going to run and crash into things but I don't see why it can't be done. If this particular bun is quite placid and a neutered male then a female rex sounds like a good potential match :)

Tam

that's great - thanks s much!! i've spent the entire night on google trying to find info but there is nothing re: bonding a Belgian Hare with a different breed.
Thanks, you've saved me going crazy, was getting so frustrated not finding anything!! :wave:

No problem :) They're still bunnies not actual hares so the behaviours the same. Just need to watch they don't get over excited. I hope it goes well :)

Back