• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help

georgia T

New Kit
Yesterday my mum went in to stroke my rabbits and 1 of them started to attack her.I dont know how to stop it can you please help me to sort this problem out.

Last edited:
One of my bunnies will go for me if i approach him to quick or scare him. It takes time for your bunnies to trust you, how long have you had your bunny? Someone on here with my experience might have something more helpful to say! But it just takes time and patience, try just sitting with the rabbit and letting him/her come to you. Also netureing normally clams bunnies down alot.

Yesterday my mum went in to stroke my rabbits and 1 of them started to attack her.I dont know how to slop it can you please help me to sort this problem out.

Are your Bunnies neutered?
The one who 'attacked' is exhibiting signs of territorial aggression.
This behaviour can be reduced by neutering.

If your Rabbits are neutered and this 'aggression' is new behaviour you need to make sure the Bun is not unwell in any way. A Bun in pain can become aggressive.

Removing the Buns from their hutch into a run whilst you clean the hutch and do the feed/water will minimise the risk of the Bun 'learning' more territorial aggression.

Janex :)

We sometimes have this problem with boarders who are naturally scared and not used to our scent in their hutch etc. I tend to leave them alone totally for a good half a day once they have everything they need and just do regular checks on them during that time. I also, if they are really stressed (to the point where it is difficult to get in to replace food, check them over etc) put an old clean tea towel in that I have rubbed with my scent. Being naturally inquisitive they will go and have a sniff, some even lie on it or drag it into their sleeping compartment, but they then have my scent and are alot easier to handle and less stressed after that.:)

Back