PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Start to the Day *WARNING VERY DISTRESSING POST*

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 07:51 AM
The woman who lives 4 doors down from me knocked on my door about half an hour ago. She said 'please help, my daughters Rabbits have been hurt by a Fox...................

I wont describe the scene I have just witnessed.......:cry: :cry:

Weeks ago I TOLD the woman that the Rabbits hutch was not only too small but also it was not predator proof..............:censored:
Her daughter was obviously very upset and what does the :censored: stupid Mother say....

'I promise that me and Daddy will buy you 2 more Rabbits from P@H this weekend

:censored: :censored: :censored:

I just had to walk away or I would have said something I may have come to regret.

Why are people so bloody irresponsible..............

:censored: :censored: :censored:

I now keep having 'flashbacks' of when Ronan was taken from INSIDE my house by a :censored: Fox

:cry: :cry:

Janex

mullethead
21-09-2007, 07:55 AM
They dont learn:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Suzanne
21-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Oh no - poor little buns :(

elve
21-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Awwww sorry Jane - how horrible of that woman to drag you into it too, poor bunny, and poor little girl with a stupid mum :(

Doncat5
21-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh no Jane..... when she says hurt..... were they alive then???? I guess not if shes getting 2 more!!!! Stupid, stupid woman!!:censored: :censored: :evil:

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Oh no Jane..... when she says hurt..... were they alive then???? I guess not if shes getting 2 more!!!! Stupid, stupid woman!!:censored: :censored: :evil:

There were just remains of one and I suspect the other died of shock as there were no signs of external injury

:cry:

Janex

holidayhutch
21-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Those poor buns having to suffer so unnecessarily, but why on earth did the woman drag you into it, what did she expect you to do once they were dead:cry:

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Those poor buns having to suffer so unnecessarily, but why on earth did the woman drag you into it, what did she expect you to do once they were dead:cry:

She said she 'could not cope with picking them up'..........

She sould not even cope with doing a bum wash for one of them when he had a mucky Bum. She said it made her 'feel faint'......:roll:

How she copes with her kids poo and puke I dont know

Janex

TheGaffer
21-09-2007, 09:01 AM
:censored: :censored: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lets all just keeping banging our heads against that brick wall!

Luciuslop
21-09-2007, 09:12 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: Poor buns. I had a similar experience with someone several years back. People are just incredibly stupid and brainless sometimes. Must have been pretty distressing for you to have witness the aftermath.
Taz

cashmincal
21-09-2007, 09:13 AM
That's horrible :(

JayUK
21-09-2007, 09:17 AM
How distressing for you Jane, and how inconsiderate of her to start your day like that when the situation was beyond any help from you.

March Hare
21-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh how HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Poor, poor little bunnies.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stupid, irresponsible people.:evil: :censored: :evil: :censored: :evil:

I cannot fathom that people like this HAVE pets, when they can't deal with looking after them and are not responsible enough to make sure that they are safe from harm and properly looked after.:evil: :evil:

What a horrific thing for you to have to get dragged into this morning, Jane.:cry: :cry: :cry:

karen354
21-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh Jane, what a start to the day for you :cry: :cry:
Why are people like this when it comes to animals, how can people be so heartless ?:cry: :cry:

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Well the little girl has been given the day off school and they are going to P@H to 'choose some new Rabbits'.............

Well its what you do when your kids 'toy' is 'broken' isn't it.........:censored:

I give up......................

How all you Rescues cope with situations like this on a regular basis is beyond me. I feel an over-whelming urge to smack the stupid woman

:censored:

Janex

kayjay
21-09-2007, 09:53 AM
That's ridiculous giving her the day off school and unless they 'fox proof' the hutch before tonight Mr Fox will be back for seconds :cry:

Some people are beyond belief aren't they :evil:

honeybunny
21-09-2007, 10:06 AM
How awful and what a stupid woman...have you told her the fox will return asi can see them getting through dozens of poor buns:evil: :evil: :cry:

and yes the urge to slap people like this gets stronger and stronger:oops:

cashmincal
21-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Isn't she NOT improving her housing? That is something I don't understand :?

Azraelm
21-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Poor bunns :cry: :cry: :cry:

I will never forget finding Esmerelda and Hann :cry: :cry: :cry:

They really need to do something about the hutch, as the fox WILL be back tonight.

Bex
21-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you gave her a good talking to, people like that are at risk of learning nothing from a very distressing event.

Poor buns :cry:

Doncat5
21-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I bet their local P@H is in for a profitable few weeks! Absolutely ridiculous! :evil: :censored: :evil: :censored:

AlbionLass
21-09-2007, 10:31 AM
As much as I dislike the RSPCA could you not tip them off as to the situation if they don't make the hutches more secure? It must be a welfare issue if more rabbits are being housed in a manner that has already resulted in the death of two.:evil:

rianne23
21-09-2007, 10:35 AM
:shock: omg jane i am so sorry :cry: the poor little bunnies :cry:
i have to say i have this awful feeling she told her daughter about gettin more buns infront of you hoping you would say they could have 2 of yours...seriously :censored: :evil: they dont deserve any!

rianne23
21-09-2007, 10:36 AM
AND is that fox not likely to return VERY soon due to remembering he fed well there last time?

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 11:03 AM
As much as I dislike the RSPCA could you not tip them off as to the situation if they don't make the hutches more secure? It must be a welfare issue if more rabbits are being housed in a manner that has already resulted in the death of two.:evil:

I am affraid I see absolutely no point in calling the RSPCA.
All they will do is 'give advice' which has already been given.........

.............and ignored

The neighbours are now not going to P@H but to a Pet Shop a bit further afield. This shop sell PUPPIES........................

What exactly is the point in *trying* to educate people re animal welfare when they just carry on being irresponsible idiots

I am completely fed up as it seems that which ever way you look there are animals in the so called 'care' of people I would not trust to look after a Potato let alone a living animal.
And it appears to be getting worse, not better

Sorry, its a 'glass half empty' day today

Janex

BirdieBun
21-09-2007, 11:04 AM
How bloody awful :cry:

Pringle
21-09-2007, 11:18 AM
:evil: :evil: some people will never learn !:evil:

Pringle
21-09-2007, 11:21 AM
I am completely fed up as it seems that which ever way you look there are animals in the so called 'care' of people I would not trust to look after a Potato let alone a living animal.

Janex

Sorry jane i know this is serious but i love your "potato" :lol: :lol: :oops:

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry jane i know this is serious but i love your "potato" :lol: :lol: :oops:

:lol:

Janex

hunnybun
21-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh No those poor rabbits :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thea & Bobbin
21-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I just gasped out loud, that is soooo awful!!

Where does she get the nerve to approach you about it after you had already warned her of this exact thing!!! :roll:

And to just buy another two :roll: :censored:

Poor poor bunnies :cry: :cry: :cry:

Doncat5
21-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh Jane, I had to laugh at the potato comment!:lol: Maybe thats the answer, we need to start getting people to swap their rabbits for potatoes..... though no doubt 6 months down the line, they'll be thousands of unwanted potaoes sitting in rescues. :lol:

I needed a laugh.

Lets hope they've sold out of puppies eh!

Phill
21-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh no thats awful! How terrible xx

Bex
21-09-2007, 01:57 PM
The whole situation makes me so mad, and of course there are probably lots more situations identical to this all around the country today :cry:

I just don't understand what makes rabbits so 'disposable' compared to other pets :cry:

Oh Jane, I had to laugh at the potato comment!:lol: Maybe thats the answer, we need to start getting people to swap their rabbits for potatoes..... though no doubt 6 months down the line, they'll be thousands of unwanted potaoes sitting in rescues. :lol:

Lol I laughed too, but you're right you can imagine all the poor little spuds sat around looking all dirty and unloved...but perhaps I'm the wrong person to comment being a vegetarian and all :oops: :lol: