• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Levelling the ground

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I've decided if I wait for David to help with this, it'll never get done, so my neighbour/friend and I are going to sort out the rabbit's accommodation for winter as currently I have to wade through mud to see to them which doesn't make life easy, the tarps are covered in mud, and after I've fed the buns so am I :roll:

Where I want to put them is on a slight slope, how do I level it off in order to slab it? It currently slopes away from the house downwards and we are on a floodplain so I want to leave as much as possible sloping away from the house!! It's not a big slope, but the hutches are on a wobble at the moment if I put them there.

Easy DIY please!!

Just use grit sand to level it off then you can flag on that to bed down the flags,you always put flags on a slant so the water can run off,rick:D

Thanks, Rick

Grit Sand? Just from B&Q? Is it not a big job then, my OH, who it has to be said is not a DIY'er, keeps putting it off as it's a 'difficult job' :?

ps is it as rainy in Manchester as it is in the Ribble Valley this morning?? It's horrid here, has been all night, about to wade though mud.....

B&Q or builders merchant once you have done that mix a little sand n cement and brush it into the flags and this will set,i do this by trade,yes very rainy in manchester ,your not too far from me are you:D ,rick

Depends on how big the area your doing too say if its a big job:D grit sand just levels and helps you to bed down the flags:lol:

I've got two of the HH hutch/runs, so that's a 6x4 area each with space between and around to walk, then a few stones across the grass to get there.

We're in a small village halfway between Preston and Blackburn, so not far from Manchester, I come to Manchester for my 'city fix' as we're from Nottingham originally :)

Not a big job but take your time and have the day free,it is easy to do thats why i picked it as a trade,make sure you have a level to make sure its sloping away from your house and that the flags are below your house dampcourse,rick:lol:

Back