• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttons has a sore eye U/D infected down below aswell

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
We have stopped our bonding cos the 2 boys have fought alot more today and injured each others ear and Caspers hurt Buttons eye, he has a small cut underneath and the eye is all red like when ours are bloodshot.

Instead we've put them in pairs, Buttons and Cleo and Poppy and Casper but joined there hcuths so the 2 girls still have contact between the mesh and the boys can't hurt each other. Casper is noticeably outgoing now and isn't scared of coming out his corner to get some veg like last night.

We phoned the vet who said it was the best thingto do now incase they inured each other more an where taking Buttons down tommorow mornig to get his eyechecked out you can notice the redness straightaway and it loks prett bad so better safe than sorry and get it checked out.

Last edited:
Yes, I would certainly keep them apart if there have been injuries.
A scratched eye can turn very nasty so you are doing the right thing by taking Buttons to the Vet
The Vet should check that the cornea is not now ulcerating (Vet should put a dye into Buttons eye which will reveal any signs of ulceration)
Buttons will probably be prescribed Tiacil or Fucithalmic

Janex

Good luck at the vet this morning. them. So sorry to hear the bonding's not gone well, but you've done the right thing seperating them .

I'm back now yep the vet has given me Fucithalmic for his eye also i noticed his genital area is red looking i told the vet he said it is looking infected, he cleaned it up and he had a batryil injection and has baytril i ahve to give him in a syringe. So we have to give him eye drops, baytri and clean down below once a day aswell, oh he won't be pleased:rolleyes:

He's told me o watch his eating etc so i have and he's eating perfectly fine this morning. He has a follow up appointment onFriday to be checked over again:)

Back