• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit books help!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya ive had my first rabbits for a year now, and my others since then. But i would like to a read a good rabbit book that isnt 'my first rabbit' etc like you get from pets at home when you first get a rabbit for example.

ive found a few but i dont want something thats very tedious to read...can anyone recommend a good one? cheers

Hi,
I was given the 'Dummies guide' to rabbits, and was surprised at how good it was. Really comprehensive, packed with info for all types of bunny accommodation and care.
If your bun is and indoor bun, then it would be worth you reading 'House rabbit handbook - how to live with an urban rabbit' by Marinell Harriman.

They are noth available on amazon and at waterstones.

I have the rabbitlopedia and bunnys for dummys (o.k rabbits but bunnys sounds better) both of which I'd recomend.

I agree with Jay about the Rabbits for Dummies and House Rabbit handbook, both excellent books.

I recently bought Rabbitlopedia and was rather disappointed, there's a lot on the history of rabbits, the use of their fur etc and this was a bit too upsetting for me. There is also a lot on breeding and showing (which is fine if you want to breed and show). In the general care section I found several items that I completely disagreed with, I can't remember what they were now, but I remember being quite shocked by the suggestions! :shock:

'The problem with Rabbits' by Pat Rees is an excellent book. I think it should be compulsory reading for people who are thinking of getting a rabbit.

I've got the House Rabbit Handbook.

Actually the RWA send you a really good rabbit care guide when you join.

Nicola

Back