• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my girls Mini Rexes?- turns out they are Standard

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was just wondering if my girls are mini or standard rexes. I got them hoping they were mini rex. They have grown so much in a week. What do you think? They are 10 weeks old today.

Milly, slightly bigger than Molly, although Molly is catching up.
35hjtxj.jpg

4q8aqte.jpg

Molly
4kwqfxk.jpg

67x28eq.jpg

Really? What makes you say that? Is there anything I would need to do to make their accomdation better? They have a 6ft x 2ft x2ft hutch. They have a 5ft x 5ft x 2ft run which I am building up to 10 hours a day in. Do they need different requirements?

yeah. they have huge ears. Molly may be crossed with an english but I think Milly is full rex because of her coat. It's much denser than Molly's. Molly's is sort of fluffy as well as soft like a rex. She looks english too. They are from the same litter so maybe Molly got an english gene but Milly didn't. I don't mind what they are cos both breeds are cute.

My Lady Penelope is supposed to be a Mini Rex....though her ears aren't that tiny! A full grown Mini Rex should weigh between 3 3/4 and 4 1/2 pounds. A full grown Standard Rex should weigh between 6 - 8 pounds. So weigh yours, and if yours weigh over 4 1/2 pounds now, they will be Standard Rexes!:lol:

I'd say standard Rexes as well. Looking at the pic with one on top of the hidebox, the rabbit looks much bigger than Floss(i.e. she seems to take up more space on the box than Floss) and Floss is a fully grown 2and half year old.

ok. thanks. I'll weigh them tomorrow morning and I'll post on here what they are. They seem quite heavy to hold, but I may be wrong.

Small or large, they are very cute! My new buns have grown since we first saw them. Their dad is HUGE, so who knows how big they'll be? Eric is especially big and both eat hay all day long, it's great! x

Molly may be crossed with an english but I think Milly is full rex because of her coat. It's much denser than Molly's.

Aren't they sisters...because if they are, they are either both crosses or both pure ;) I guess if they are crosses, Milly has got the more dominant 'rexy fur' genes hence her coat is different.

Aren't they sisters...because if they are, they are either both crosses or both pure ;) I guess if they are crosses, Milly has got the more dominant 'rexy fur' genes hence her coat is different.

I get what you mean. :lol: I think they are standard rexes cos everyone has said so and they're ears are huge compared to some other mini rex babies. I think they may be Standard rex x English. Beautiful cross if they are. And they'll turn out BIG if they are. :lol:

well someone did tell me that my mini lops,descended from two mini lops mite not be lops lol. x

im so pleased ive seen this thread as ive been wondering what my boys are- i think now im sure they are mini rexes which is funny really because although minis are popular i actually prefer large buns:roll: :lol: they really are tiny even still , and are about15 weeks . i'll find a piccy hang on. .....your girls are gorge btw. x x x

Lucky you . You're going to have nearly twice as much rexiness than you were expecting:lol: :lol: They are beautiful. Floss tips the scales at just 4lbs but I think she's a small mini :)

Back