• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Rabbit Cage should I get?

Personaly i'd buy a dog crate. Got mine for £50.00 in my local pet shop, loads of cheap ones on ebay as well. They are bigger than the ones you posted and cheaper! Also they fold flat so you can put them out the way when you are done.

Personaly i'd buy a dog crate. Got mine for £50.00 in my local pet shop, loads of cheap ones on ebay as well. They are bigger than the ones you posted and cheaper! Also they fold flat so you can put them out the way when you are done.

I know loads of people on here have dog crates but I found them much harder to clean out, and my buns kick hay everywhere if it's not contained :lol:

I know loads of people on here have dog crates but I found them much harder to clean out, and my buns kick hay everywhere if it's not contained :lol:

They do yes! Lucky for me my O/H is in charge of cleaning them out and hovering the front room! They are getting revenge for me as he takes clean clothes out the drawer decides he doesn't want to wear them and chucks them on the floor!
I only thought a dog crate would be good as it's only for a little while and they are easy to fold up and put away, and cheaper!

They do yes! Lucky for me my O/H is in charge of cleaning them out and hovering the front room! They are getting revenge for me as he takes clean clothes out the drawer decides he doesn't want to wear them and chucks them on the floor!
I only thought a dog crate would be good as it's only for a little while and they are easy to fold up and put away, and cheaper!

Wow if my OH did the cleaning I'd get a crate :lol:

Ditto dog crates do not contain mess very well at all but if it for your buns to recover after a spey maybe a crate is better as they dont have to jump so much to get back in their house :)

I'm a big fan of dog crates and the 48" ones go for around £40-45 pounds on ebay.

Yes I agree mess gets kicked out but it's not that had to sweep it up.

The other advantage with a dog crate is when you have finished with it it will fold up, a large indoor cage you will have to find space to store it.

Nicola

I got the 3' dog crates online from prizepets - only about £35 and they are now folded up in my understairs - so much better than a cage :) Here's Maa in hers recovering from surgery, to give you an idea of size

goodside.jpg

Oh right. They have amazing soft coats and they do look like English buns.

Would everyone recommend the XL dog crate? It's 106cm wide x 81cm tall x 70cm long.

Yeh you may as well go for large for 2 of them - awww I can imagine how soft their fur is rex fur is gorgeous :love:

Back