• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where to put my runs

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I have both my runs on the lawn and move them around each day to give the girls frech clean grass to nibble on.

unfortunately they've destroyed my lawn with their digging; i wouldnt mind if it was truly mine but its a rented house and we're due an inspection by the landlord soon.

should i put them on the bit of concrete behind the garage, or put some mesh under the runs to prevent digging?

i'm worried that if they're on concrete they'll be unhappy and not get enough fibre - theyre terrible at eating hay - but im also worried that if they attempt to dig through some mesh they'll hurt their feet. what to do?

thanks

get some rolled turf from a garden center to fool the landlord...don't know about the other bit.

It could just be a conincidence, but my girls stopped digging after they were speyed. Biscuit still had an odd scrat at the grount to get grass roots, but no burrowing. Bobby's the same, he's been neutered and he doesnt burrow. He only started diggin up roots when he was watching Biscuit do it!!

Is there a link between getting your rabbits "done" and them burrowing, or do I just have weird bunnies??

i can't really afford to be constantly buying rolled turf :p and i can't transport it home either.

its weird but they never used to dig at all - its just the last few months that they've started. with mine at least there's no link with being spayed because they were both spayed a while ago.

Sugar once surprised me by very happily digging a massive hole!! my cage was supplyed with a mesh bottom which i put there and she no longer diggs. she has a box to sit on and also the upstairs of the cage so she dosent have to sit on mesh all day but the grass comes through so makes it a bit softer it worked for me!

Back