• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

baby bunny myxi????

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay to cut a long story short, my bunnys have been vaccinated apart from jelly bcus she had an unplanned litter at the time her jab was due, so i had to wait 6 weeks before i could take her to the vet. (my vets advice) i got up this morning, to see her and the babies (5 weeks 2moro) and one of them has red eyes, squinting them close together, she isnt walking right either.

i have an appointment at 4.10, it was the only one they had....

do you think it sounds like myxi?? im praying that she doesnt have it :'(

im so angry at myself. i vaccinate all my bunnys but i couldnt get jelyl done for another week, im praying that she doesnt have it. :'( :'(

is there anything i can do for her? ive taken her away from Jelly, and shes in a hutch by herself. she looks so sad

i will. i just feel like such a failure. shes curled up all alone, breathing heavily, her eyes all red, its breaking my heart.
I cnt stop crying, cos i know im going to have to let her go

i will. i just feel like such a failure. shes curled up all alone, breathing heavily, her eyes all red, its breaking my heart.
I cnt stop crying, cos i know im going to have to let her go
If your really that worried about her can you phone the vet and get her in sooner? Is she eating, drinking, pooping??

hes in surgery at the moment, and wont be available until 4.00 for appointments and she has a ten past 4 appointment, cnt get one any sooner

she hasnt pooped since i moved her this morning, she did eat a little bit, but i havent seen her drinking. its so heartbreaking

I would definitely try to get some fluids into the bunny if you can - syringe some boiled and cooled water in.

Poor Jelly. :(

I'm so sorry... :( I thought of you earlier and wondered what was happening, as I went through Gt Totham.

You did the right thing. x

so sorry to hear about the baby :cry: Was the vet able to confirm myxi, or was there another problem.

Thoughts are with you.
xx

she said that i had caught it very early, but bcs she was so young there was nothing she could do other then let her go. She checked all the other babies and they show no signs at th emoment, neither does jelly. jelly was then vaccinated, she said as the babies r eating solids its okay to do it now.

I was going to watch but in the end it was too much and she took he rout th eback and then brought her back in as she was going. so i stroked her and said goodbye then. Im sure jelly knew cus she was stamping so much in her box.

i feel completly shattered and heartbroken, a few m the spiting image of little peter who did a few months ago, and when she was born i kept saying to my mum ' she looks her big sister'.

i just feel so awful

Back