• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramps for Rex's

mit

Mama Doe
Hey guys.

Got a questions regareding ramps. Hope you guys can help me.

I've bult a 5x2 shelf 2ft off the ground in my shed and need help with measurements for a ramp.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=52032&highlight=crate+ramp

I've had a read of Tamsins sticky on Dog Crate Ramps. Should I just apply this measurement to the shed. Are the measurments fine for a medium sized bun?

I'm just a bit confused. Some photos and sizes of example your guys hand work would be ACE!

Thanks

mit
Xx

Last edited:
If it's only 2' off the ground I would just give them a box or stool to climb onto it - put a couple of bricks around it though or they'll throw it around - I have a patio chair in my shed and they jump up on that no problem so you could use a spare one of those maybe :)

I was gonna have a Step, but im starting to think that a ramp might be a little bit more neater in the whole set up, underneath the shelf.

m
xx

*bump*

Do you think a openning 23X33 is big enough for a rex? What size openings to you, other rex owners have on your ramps in hutch/sheds or dog crates? Thats all i really need to know and i can work out the rest.

m
xx

Honestly if the shelf is only 2' wide do you want to take up half of it with a hole? It's so low they will more than likely jump up there by themselves in no time - my rabbits can easily jump onto something 3' high :)

I'd recommend a step too. My mini rex can easily jump 2ft so I'm sure a standard would be ok. You then don't have to worry about the ramp falling on them etc.

I guess its a Step then. Around what size should do it? 2ftX1ft, 1ft of the ground? Or bigger? Just measrued the shelf is actually arounf 2ft2inh of the ground. Not much difference, but im not sure if does make a diference.

m
xx

It depends if your rabbits jump. Fia WILL NOT jump onto a step so I doubt she would use one to get onto the shelf in the playhouse. She ALWAYS uses the ramp I have put in. I will go and measure the ramp now :D

BRB

A step is a good idea as it gives them another level to sit on, and it will be easier to sweep the floor as well:)

Gonna go for the step idea for now. So a 2ftX1ft step, 1ft of the ground? Or bigger? 2ftX1.5ft or 2ftX2ft?

All i have to do is install the Step and Catflat now. Nearly there!

m
xx

Back