• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding buns where there is a bun with myxi?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Just thinking about it, theres a lot of myxi around and probably a few boarding places have it too.

Would you let your bunny board in a place where a bun has myxi?

No, to go to my boarder the buns have to be vaccinated against both myxi and VHD, she checks the vet certificates and she has a look at the buns before she takes them into her care. She wouldn't knowingly take a myxi bun in for boarding and I wouldn't knowingly leave my buns at such high risk as myxi vaccine isn't 100% guarenteed.

No, definately NOT. If I knew there was a case of Myxi there, I wouldn't even go there on my own for fear of carrying it home......let alone leave one of my beloved bunnies there!!!!!:shock:

A good boarding facility would insist on seeing the vaccination certificates of all boarders. If this facility is unfortunate to have a vaccinated bun contract myxi, I would expect them to suspend further boarding as you can't exactly keep flying insects away by quarantining the bunny.

i run a boarding and owners have to bring proof of vaccinations, cards etc. and i wouldnt take in any rabbit that looked like it was showing signs of myxi.

and bcus buns can gt it even when they are vaccinated, if any bun showed a sign of it would be moved into quarentine area, where the cages are nowhere near the others

but this hasnt happened yet!

Back