• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

playing in the cold?

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,with charlie being an english lop i was just wondering if its still ok for him to go in his run during the day?with it being so cold and his ears being so thin just wondered if hed get a chill.thumper wont even stay out because he dont like the cold!
kim.x

He'll be fine..he's got a nice fur coat on:lol: He needs to be building up his winter coat in preparation for winter if he's an outdoor bun.

Indeed. Rabbits are outdoor animals and will cope with the cold, so don't worry too much. If it was a very extended period of time and the temperature was near freezing then possible you would have a problem.

Both mine were running about in the rain this afternoon, dispite having a large cosy hutch to shelter in. It just depends on the rabbit.

I think they prefer the cold to heat of summer. Tia sits outside even in the rain, refusing to come in. I just watch out if it's windy and avoid drafts.

Back