• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Herbie please

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
Herbie our lionhead is in such a sorry state, please send some love to him.

The vet tried to unblock his tear ducts yesterday. He was unable to clear the right and the left even though unblocked is not in a good way. His eyes look even more inflamed than before he went in. the vet has said also that he is going to have problems with his teeth in the future.

On top of that he has had all the fur shaved off his face to try to get to the bottom of the crusty scabs on his chin and lip. The vet is still not convinced it is syphilis as his rear end is clear.

Under all that fur he is such a tiny bun, his shaved face is as similar shape to a sea horse, long and pointy. He looks so small and vulnerable I just want to cry looking at him. He seems happy enough in himself but nothing is going right for him at the moment. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Please think of him.

Oh, I am SO sorry to hear that little Herbie is so poorly.:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am sending loads and loads of 'Get Well' vibes to him. I hope he starts feeling better very soon. XXXXX

Oh, poor Herbie, I'm so sorry :( It's heartbreaking when they're unwell :( You said he seems happy enough in himself, so that's a good sign.

Thinking of you and Herbie xx

Herbie our lionhead is in such a sorry state, please send some love to him.

The vet tried to unblock his tear ducts yesterday. He was unable to clear the right and the left even though unblocked is not in a good way. His eyes look even more inflamed than before he went in. the vet has said also that he is going to have problems with his teeth in the future.

On top of that he has had all the fur shaved off his face to try to get to the bottom of the crusty scabs on his chin and lip. The vet is still not convinced it is syphilis as his rear end is clear.

Under all that fur he is such a tiny bun, his shaved face is as similar shape to a sea horse, long and pointy. He looks so small and vulnerable I just want to cry looking at him. He seems happy enough in himself but nothing is going right for him at the moment. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Please think of him.

Poor boy :cry:

I have had Buns affected with Treponamatosis (Rabbit Syphillis) and their lesions were only on their faces not their genitals. So maybe your Vet should consider treating Herbie for Treponamatosis :?

Has the Vet prescribed antibiotic/anti-inflammatory eye drops. Herbie's ducts are likely to be very sore after the attempt at flushing them :cry:

Sending healing vibes to the poor chap

Janex

Thanks for replying Jane. Herbie is on a steroid based eyedrop, sadly his eyes look worse than before the flushing.

The vet is convinced that it is not syphilis because his genitals are not affected but I don't agree. Our vet is also very wary of using penicillin tho I am happy for him to do this.

However he has sent some of the scabs off to be tested for ringworm or other bacteria. If this proves negative and the scabs return then he will use the penicillin. He tells me that syphilis cannot be tested for from the scabs - does anybody know different?

Keep sending love to Herb, he looks so sorry for himself.:( :( :( :(

Back