• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new house for Baileys

CJ&Baileys

Young Bun
Hi all,:wave: (this is my 1st thread lol!)

I have a mini-lop called baileys, his 7months old and is an extremeley happy mischievious little bun!
At the moment he is living in my front room. He has a large playpen (ment for puppies) and his 'Zoozone critter home L 72 x W 46 ' cage is open inside it. He jumps in and out of his cage to eat/drink and to go to the toilet, when he feels like it. However lately he has learned how to push the playpen around my front room with his nose to get to things hey wants. I am looking into buying a new complete cage for him and wondered if you had any ideas of where I could get one. The larger the better really.

Also a few other things i was wondering if anyone could help me with...

Baileys is really spoilt and im forever treating him, but when i give him one treat inparticular 'hartz small animal nutrition treats' he takes it from me then runs round and round his cage making a grunting noise with it in his mouth! He must do at least 10laps before he settles down to eat it, does anyone know why he only does this with that particular treat? im very curious... he is a strange little character :D He makes alot of noises... when i play with him and stroke him or feed him he gets really excited, jumps around and makes like a buzzing humming noise... any idea why?

Sorry for all the questions but its so nice to actually talk to people that have rabbits and maybe get some answers :)

Many thanks! x

Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Hi all,:wave: (this is my 1st thread lol!)

I have a mini-lop called baileys, his 7months old and is an extremeley happy mischievious little bun!
At the moment he is living in my front room. He has a large playpen (ment for puppies) and his 'Zoozone critter home L 72 x W 46 ' cage is open inside it. He jumps in and out of his cage to eat/drink and to go to the toilet, when he feels like it. However lately he has learned how to push the playpen around my front room with his nose to get to things hey wants. I am looking into buying a new complete cage for him and wondered if you had any ideas of where I could get one. The larger the better really. Ebay is a good place to try, I have large dog crates with playpens attached and I think they're fab

Also a few other things i was wondering if anyone could help me with...

Baileys is really spoilt and im forever treating him, but when i give him one treat inparticular 'hartz small animal nutrition treats' he takes it from me then runs round and round his cage making a grunting noise with it in his mouth! He must do at least 10laps before he settles down to eat it, does anyone know why he only does this with that particular treat?He's just a happy boy!:lol: im very curious... he is a strange little character :D He makes alot of noises... when i play with him and stroke him or feed him he gets really excited, jumps around and makes like a buzzing humming noise... any idea why?The buzzing/humming means he's horny and he fancies you :lol: :lol: I'm guessing he's not neutured??

Sorry for all the questions but its so nice to actually talk to people that have rabbits and maybe get some answers :)

Many thanks! x

Have you got any piccys of your boy?

Nicola

I do but wouldnt have a clue how to put them on here lol!.... how do i get something like what ur've got? its sooo cute.... I have hundreds of pics :) x

Pics of Baileys

Baileys7.jpg

baileys4.jpg

100_1321.jpg

1.jpg

I worked out how to do it :lol: x

Aww, he's beautiful, so cute. I love the little bed, I wish mine could have one of those but Simba would tear it to bits.

thankyou

by the way thankyou for your reply... your right his not nutered and im thinking of getting him done but im worried it might change him. His such a lively little character and ive heard that if you get him nutered he'll become more dosile? is this true?

He is abit or a terror! the beds really cute but he doesnt really sleep on it or anything, just pulls it around his cage by the label lol!:lol:

He's gorgeous!! :love:

by the way thankyou for your reply... your right his not nutered and im thinking of getting him done but im worried it might change him. His such a lively little character and ive heard that if you get him nutered he'll become more dosile? is this true?

Neutering makes a bun calmer because they haven't got all those hormones raging around.

Are you planning to get him a friend?

Nicola

:wave: I love the pic of him in a tea cup!! I got Wobbles neutered and didn't make him any less hilarious/lively - just less hormonal.

ooh no definately not.. one naughty bun is enough for me :lol: Im with him 24/7 anyways. I just love the little noises he makes and the how excited he is when he jumps around, i wouldnt want that to change really.. but obviously if its better for him then it has to be done!

yeah its a 'cup of Baileys' :lol:

Im definately gonna have it done then... its for the best I think. Do you know how much it costs?

I'm glad you've decided to go ahead and have him neutered. He'll still be a happy bunny, if not happier actually as he won't have any raging hormones :lol: If it's at all possible please onsider having a partner for him..they are such company for each other and make for super content bunsters. No human, no matter how affectionate, can groom a bunny as well as another bunny, or snuggle with him in the same way. There's nothing to beat the sight of two snuggly bunnies doing the soft tooth grinding which is the equivalent of a cat's purr.:)

Back