• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changes in the hierachy.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondered if anyone else who has a group of 3 or more has ever noticed a shift in rank amongst the individuals?

I went out to get Fiver, Scout and Marley in yesterday and Marleys fur was all over the garden as was a little of Scouts and Fiver has a small bite to his ear (its more of a graze). After watching them interact it was clear that Fiver has started picking on Marley and Scout just got in the way. Its not nasty and they are not fighting but Fiver is certainly putting Marley in his place.

The odd thing is Scout was always boss and Fiver was the underdog.....what may have brought about a change like this? They still sit and groom together like they used to.

I've had a change even in my pair of females! Clover used to be top bunny, but now Dusty is. :?

Of my 4 girls, Victoria was the underdog/bunny - always being mounted by top bunny, Petunia last year - slowly there's been a shift and Victoria's much more confident now and a bit of bully herself :roll: The 2 in the middle, Zinniea and Primrose, just fluctuate - Zinniea really goes for her sisters sometimes, but she's chief groomer, and Primrose just seems nice with good social skills - almost top bunny but Petunia has the edge as she's more aggressive. Petunia's never built a nest in 2yrs either, whereas the others have. Fascinating :shock:

When the 4 step buns were bonded the girl Mina was petrified of the two babies, Rocky and Crocus. She's slowly got more and more confidence and I noticed her mount Crocus and today she stole his chunk of carrot, so I guess she's moved her self up the ranks.

my top boy and girl doesn't change but the girls below do go through phases of trying to decide who' next in line - the boys don't care and just get on with it.:D having said that squirell had a funny couple of days and caused a bit of grief but he's settled again now.

Back