• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rspca spay

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
hiya, my mums work rabbit treacle is being spayed, and my ve charged £45, but because she lives with people who has disabilities, they can have it done by rspca, does anyone know how much it costs for them to do it? if its the same as my ve they will get it done by them, thanks

Not sure. RSPCA Sheffield are doing a run on free micro-chipping for dogs and cats at the moment, took our three yesterday and also got a free neutering voucher for Tiffin.....its not priced, we take her to our vets and they invoice the RSPCA, might be the same for bunnies?

i said to my mum that £45 was good but i just wondered if rspca/pdsa would do it cheaper bcus they are all on benefits as they have learning disabilities, and there always closed by the time we get to call them lol

so i jus wondered if anyone on here is one beneifits etc and gets their done cheap?

Oh I dont know then....ours are free cuz Sheffield has no really active RSPCA and a terrible animal overpopulation problem. The chips and neutering are free regardless of wheather you are employed or on benefits etc.

thats another thing i wanted to know actually..how much it costs to microchip a bunny?

i doubt mine would escape but if its not to expensiv ei might do it as a precaution

The Blue Cross does a welfare clinic where people pay around a third of the vet costs for an operation - RSPCA may be similar?

It will vary from one branch to another so you would have to ask your local branch for the information.

I was given £27 vouchers from the RSPCA to put towards my vets bill for Hazel & Acorn, I think it was no cost if I'd taken them to RSPCA bristol hospital. My vets qouted £25 each for microchipping.

Wll my vets charge £65 each so not far off, but the £27 vouchers certainly helped. I've spent over £600 on the hutch, run, general rabbit proofing, toys, food etc and their vax & neutering since July :shock:

Back