• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Floss please

capel

Warren Veteran
Floss has had a slightly wet eye which I've been treating by bathing with very slightly salted boiled water twice a day. However this is now the third day, and as there's been no improvement I'm taking her up to be checked over at 2.20. She's well in herself, but I just want to reassure myself that it is "just" a cold in the eye, and not being caused by a dental(no previous history) problem, or the start of something worse...:( .... Vibes please. I know I'm probably over-reacting, and the vets here must rub their hands in glee when they hear me on the phone, but I just want to be one or two steps ahead!!!

Thanks Jane..you probably realise that I'm wondering if this is a re-run of last year:( Is it possible that she could go down with N myxi again? I was hoping she may have developed a bit of immunity. Mind you I realise that all viruses mutate! Thankfully has the jab every 6 months, so that might help.

Relieved bunny-mummy here!:D . Kevin flushed her tear duct which flowed beautifully at the second attempt and produced a small amount of pus, so she is having Tiacil eyedrops twice daily and if no improvement within a few days I've to take her back, though he expects she'll be fine. She sat so beautifully for him, ears perked forward and very calm. Mind you he did put local anaesthetic eye drops in first. Bournville just sat in the carrier watching proceedings while chewing on some hay! There goes another £30.00 :roll:

Glad it went OK. I'm going to the Vets for the second time today at 5 o'clock... I'm going to ask if I can have shares in the Practice :lol: I daren't even begin to think how much Brody bun has cost me this past few days and she's still not right.

That is BRILLIANT news about Floss!!!!!:D You must be SO relieved!!!!!:D

Those vet bills REALLY rack up fast, don't they?!?:roll: My Timmy's stasis saga the week before last landed me with a £158 vet bill!!!:shock:

I will keep my fingers very firmly crossed that her tear duct will settle and she won't need any further treatment to it!:D

I've got to admit I was worried this morning, but managed to keep the panic down to a small internalised roar!!

Back