• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions please U/D Buttons ear was attacked

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
We started bonding our neuterd 4 on sunday, 2 girls, 2 boys. Sunday tere was a lot of chasing and fur flying but it calmed down, Monday the boys had a massive fight i had to break up but since thn there's been no fighting. Tuesday went over well no chasing, fighting etc but Casper was nervous around Button he would run away when he came up to him and hi in the corner. Today seemd to be going well Casper and Buttons weren't fighting and where happy to sit side by side while eating there pellets but 10 minutes ago i just had to break up another fight, there was plenty of fur flying and them kicking and jumping aroundin the air.

Is it worth perservering with this bond or is it unlikley to happen and should i tak Casper back out the threesome.

It's a rather wonky relationship between the 4 the 2 girls have bene bonded since birth, both girls bonded wiht Buttons, Cleo and Casper i'm not sure offbut Casper and Poppy are like 2 peas in a pod they've really bonded the last 4 days, oh why can't the boys just bond:rolleyes:

Me and my mam where thinking if the bond is never going to happen getting some more paveing slabs and putting Caspers hutch next to the already bonded 3 and split the big pen down the middle so Casper can still see Poppy through the mesh and next year my mam said she'll see about getting a female for casper to snuggle up to in his run:?

Last edited:
If for the majority of the time they are not fighting and they appear to be settling down, I would persevere with them. From my own experience it takes a lot longer to settle more than 2 buns into any relationship than it does when bonding a pair. There are a lot of different relationships and the pecking order needs to be sorted out between them, when one relationship is sorted, this may disturb the pecking order of others and they need to be settled. I would just give it plenty of time.

Stick with it. When you say there's been kicking and jumping, do you mean they've been kicking out at each other? We saw loads of jumping and hind leg kicking out action but that was usually caused by one rabbit trying to get out of the way! The problem is when 2 stand their ground and go to fight face to face, and lock on to each other. As time goes on the periods of time between scuffles with get longer. Good luck, and keep us updated.:)

Yeah sort of like that, Casper keeps trying to get out the way of Buttons and thats when the kicking really starts. None of them have been injured or got blood so it's not that bad ut casper haslost quite abit of fur:rolleyes:

Me and my mam have just had to intervine between all 4 chasing, kicking and fur flying. :shock: This hasn't happened once yet, i hope that the already bondd don't fall out i won't have anywhere to put them:(

When Le-anne and I bonded her 6 most of the scuffles were initiated by one particular bun going for one other but sometimes it unsettled the entire group who would be dashing around frantically for a minute or two with some of them chasing each other, then it would all settle down again. Is this what you mean?

Yeah that's what happened between my 4 it's settled down now. It was only a few minutes but there back to grooming each other again except the 2 boys:roll:

Another fight has broke out between the boys. I'm sure it was Casper but someone has bitten into Buttons ear, he has 2 small bite marks but on closer inspection i noticed he has a large cut at the top o his ear whcih id all scabby now.

My stupid dad said oh well if it doesn't work drop him off at the P@H adoption bit, oh yeah i'll give him away cos he's injured his ear and won't bond with Casper, not:rolleyes:

It' not going well it's like 2 steps forard, 5 steps back:(

Stick with it - your boys will come to an agreement in the end. The fact they're not fighting all the time shows there is partially one there already - it just needs to be finalised. :D

I would stick with it, over time they will sort out their differences. Groups have lots more dynamics which need to be sorted out and will take more time than when pairing only 2 buns.

Grrr my stupid dad is now moaning, he wants me to shove them all in the hucth together and see what happens, is he crazy. I don't trust them outside yet there's still a few to many fights and Casper needs to learn to join the rest of the group for veg and pellets he's a little scare to leave his corner.

I'm sure he thought they'd be bonded within hours stupid man. He says if they don't bond one boy has to go for adoption but he won't let me persivere with there bonding:evil:

Back