• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lops teeth

sezzalee

Warren Scout
I swear Becks is having the worst luck in life! :( He's been diagnosed with snuffles and is seeming to get over it, so I took him to the vets on saturday because i thought i felt a funny lump and now the vet is saying there is something wrong with his back teeth, something about turning in and rubbing his tongue which is making him dribble :( He wants me to bring him back in to be put under anistetic to check the teeth, its because becks wouldnt let the vet look at the back of the mouth he kept sticking his tongue in the way. im worried.

Did your vet mention molar spurs? Lops seem prone to teeth problems because the skull shape has been unnaturally morphed to create the 'lop' ears and that often causes problems with jaw alignment and uneven tooth wear.

My lop suffered his first molar spurs at 18 months but after altering his diet he has not needed one for 8 months now.

The vet just said to keep checking his jaw line and also to see if he starts to become lothargic (sorry i cant spell!) but becks has done none of that he just looked like he was dribbling last night when he was out with me so ive panick booked him in for friday but i cant see anything wrong at the moment!?

Snuffles is a possible result of a Dental problem. Your Vet has asked you to check Beck's jawline for 'lumpiness' as this would indicate abnormally growing tooth roots.
The tooth roots of the upper teeth can overgrow and cause problems in the nasal passages and the nasolacrimal ducts of the eyes.

Good luck for Beck's Dental check

Janex

:? god i didnt realise how bad snuffles can be as an underlying problem, i was rejoycing when he's been showing signs of improvement now its just crazy again!!

Back