• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use to carry buns to the vet?

Vic

Young Bun
:wave: Is there a good pet carrier to get? I used a cardboard pet box when I bought my rabbits, but now they are off to be spayed I need to invest is a proper one. I have two standard Rexes, so it needs to be fairly roomy and tough. What should I look out for?
Vic

I bought a cat carrier, I got a fairly large one, basically the largest one that would fit confortably in the car (my car is not large). I also bought one the had a top and front opening as it can be easlier to get them in and out that way!

I use cat-carriers too.
Atlas 10 works fine with rexes and dwarves.:wave:
Transport crates should actually be as small as possible, or else the rabbit may injure itself if it bounces around too much in the car.

I bought the largest cat/pet carrier I could without it being a dog crate, but I have two large lops to lug around.

I can't remember what make it it, but I'll look tonight. It has an opening at the top and the front, which is always really useful at the vets. Both of my buns hide in the corner of the box, so it would be really had to get them out if I hadn't got a top hatch to reach in a pick them up. The whole of the top half is also detachable, which is great for cleaning up little accidents and keeping it hygenic.

There are loads of different ones on Ebay, so have a brows around.

I don't like the soft-sided carriers around at the moment, they feel really flimsy I don't know if anyone else has success with them, so it's just my opinion. Best bet would to invest in something that will last ages and cope with living in the garage or loft between uses.

Back