• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad but actually very good news.

Fluffy_Whabbit

Warren Scout
Ok here's the news. Remember I told youa bout the rabbit I was going to get soon? The little one from the petstore? Well my parents put their foot down and told me that I get no new pet untill the end of the schoolyear, since I already have nine mice, two fish and a dog and they take a lot of my attention. So I was sad and angry at first, but now I have a whole new plan! I'm going to save as much money as I can and search thorroughly for a rabbit breeder. I'll even look on the internet for South African breeders. Then I'm going to get one rabbit and give her LOTS of attention and spoil her. The rabbit I'll be looking out for is: Dutch rabbits, especially golden Dutch rabbits, a Holand lop or, one of my utmost favorites, a Smoke Pearl Brittania Petite rabbit. :D I can get my rabbit any time in December. That would also make lots of time for my father to build me a brand new rabbit cage. :D :D

Last edited:
Glad you will be getting a bunny soon :D

Are there any rescue's near to you in South Africa as that would be a really nice thing for you to do? You would be suprised how many bunnies need a home.

Also bunnies like the company of other bunnies so if your parents put their foot down to you getting two then getting a rescue who doesnt get along with other rabbits is a good choice :D

Good luck

Sadly there are no rescues in my area with rabbits, the ones there are only take dogs and cats. :( My dad said I must get two rabbits, but me and my mom agree that with two rabbits, they will not be as tame as one rabbit I can spoil and tame, because they will have each other to play with and will hardly need my attention. So I decided on one bunny. I do not want to breed either, since I want to expand my rabbit's life. :D I have really thought of rescues, but sadly that can't be an option, due to the nearby shelters not taking bunnies. :( But at least, I hope!, I will find a breeder. :)

2 rabbits can be as friendly and interactive with you as one. Is more to do with the rabbits personality rather than whether they have a rabbit friend. Is better to have them in pairs if possible. Perhaps you could do an internet search for rabbit rescues near you incase there is a little one, like in someone's garden or something, that you don;t know about? Then they will be ready paired and neutered etc and you can find a really friendly pair and have double the fun!:D

Back