• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help!

abbylou6

New Kit
I have recently had two new rescue bunnies and they have been happily playing in my garden for weeks ,now two cats from up the road have decided to try and attack my lop bunny Tansy .I managed to choo him away just in time..im really worried but i dont want to shut my bunnies in their hutch either they look so happy jumping aroud

mandy xxxx:cry:

Are your buns allowed loose in the garden or do you have a secure rabbit run they can go in (may be attach it to a hutch) I usually let mine exercise in two rabbit runs joined securely together so that I can pop indoors and leave them for a while. If they are loose, perhaps have a water spray handy for the cats when they come in the garden to "scare" them away or maybe you'll have to supervise your bunnies constantly. Not sure how else you can keep cats out though, someone else will hopefully come along with some good ideas!!

Yes they have a run but they love being in the garden. its starnge they nver bothered with my male dwarf lop i had for 5 years! God im a cat hater....
mandy x

You should always be with them when they are in the garden. Otherwise a fox may come and kill them. If you can't watch them, they should always be in a secure run on concrete. Runs on grass are not safe, as foxes can dig in very fast. And they can climb over 7 ft fences, so hardly any garden is safe. Plus there are birds of prey and magpies, which can attack rabbits.

Back