• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vetbed - he doesnt like it!!!!

kelzuna

Warren Scout
Looks like liquorice has a sore back foot so ive change his sawdust hutch lining for vetbed.

I came in tonight and he has pushed right up in corner and laid on the wooden bottom of his hutch...

This cant be good for sore hocks, can it?

Will he grow to like it? anyone elses buns like this?

It doesn't matter what I put in Pipers home, she pushes all of it to the corner. She'll usually play with it and toss it around her cage, I can't get her to just sit on it! Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately not all buns like it. Mine will either chew it to shreds or push it out the way.

I've got carpet in my crates now and that seems to go down well. They do go in their litter trays and just scatter the occasional poo.

Nicola

Bobbin has it in half of his cage, the other half is bare, he much prefers to lay on the plastic (the reason I left it bare), I've not once seen him lie on the vetbed! Although he doesn't attack it and will sit on it while he eats. I think it's each bun's preference :D

i used to put it in sootys pet carrier/safe place. He was fine until I washed it and now as soon as it goes in he digs it, pulls it under his tum and kicks it out with his back legs......:( Every time. Gave up in the end.

Don't know what else you could try though....maybe velcro it to the cage or use the (laminates?) that other people have stuck to their outdoor hutches. They're not soft but at least they aren't rough.

Some of mine LOVE to lay on vetbed, fleece blankets, and soft beds.....and Lady Penelope has a favourite TOWEL that she drags around the house to lay on!:roll: :lol: But SOME of them just DON'T want to know!!!!!

Bugys pushing all the hay to one side of her dog crate, and likes to lie on the plastic. If you move it back she gets the right hump!
When she's out of the cage she loves to sit on the windowsill, another cold surface!

My Barney's like that - he pushes anything I line his hutch with aside so he can lie on the wooden floor. :) It's amazing how neatly he does this, too...

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for your bunny's sore foot, though. ^^; But I can't see how it would make it much worse...? Not if it's dry and smooth, anyway...?

Before I used the fleece I used to use wood chippings and one day I ran out and the farm didn't have any more so I had to buy a bag of sawdust and the little blighters would not go anywhere near it in the day side and sat in the dark side.

I had to remove it and sell the bag on to someone else.

However, they love the fleece so much they are staying in their hutch more now. :lol:

Back