• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding rabbits

Frankie

Young Bun
I have 5 rabbits – 3 Giant Flemish girls and 2 smaller rabbits one girl one boy who has been done. They have been living in hutches and runs right next to each other so they can touch noses, for the last 4 months. I would like to open up the run so that they can have a large 18ft by 5ft run. There has been no fighting or aggression through the wire if anything someone has been chewing through the wire that separates them.

My question is – would it be a good idea for them all to go in together, if so should I just take away the wire and let them be, under supervision to start with obviously?

Thanks for any help

Bonding needs to be done on neutral territory- somewhere no bun has been, for example your bathroom. Just because they tolerate each other through the wire, doesn't mean they'll always get on. Most likely thing to happen if you remove the divide is all hell will break loose!!

Bonding can also take days, so choose a time when you can supervise 24 hours a day.

Are all the buns neutured? It can be difficult to bond if any haven't been done.

Best of luck,

Nicola

Back