• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone, peanut has been moulting really badly, he has long light fur ont he side, short brown fur on the top/mixed in with the occasional long bit(hes meant to be all the same colour!) he looks such a scruffbag!!

hes changing colouts, moulting and goriwng his fur all at once! to me this seems a tad strange.

hes fur on his ears have also thinned out, why is he suddenly moultign so bad?

p.s he doesnt have mites or anything, took him to the vet and they checked :)

It could just be the time of year, maybe getting rid of the summer coat to prepare for winter? Bailey has been moulting heavily for a month now, think it has finally started to slow down, but he has moult lines all along his sides. His entire back end is really scruffy looking too!

Both of mine went into a full, heavy moult about a fortnight ago. Does make me a little worried as it is chilly tonight. Both of mine look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards, such scruff bags. Twix was so bad that when we got back off our hols on Saturday, I thought she had lost a stack of weight :oops: (admittedly she had been poorly, but is much better now)

Barney's still in a mega-moult mode. I can pull out handfuls of his coat - it's loose, I'm not just plucking him :oops: - and there are tufts of it floating around the garden. Luckily, he enjoys the fuss and goes all purry-rabbit on me, before insisting on grooming me in return... But it's been causing me nothing but worry. He tends to go all GI Stasis-y when he moults, so I've been stuffing him with hay and grass recently... He can't work out why he's being praised for eating, he stares at me funny. And small chunks of Papaya, sometimes bits of fresh pineapple, too.

But for such a handsome bunny, he sure does look scruffy. He has a weird almost black band down his lower back where the fur is very soft and new. He's meant to be brownish there!

Mine have fur everywhere - our garden looks like its snowing! :lol: but they havent moulted in over a year cos of this dodgy weather - so I know they really really need it at the moment... and I love to pluck:lol:

Mine had a mega moult about a month ago, they moulted for about two months. They are both fine now, but my sisters rabbit is still moulting really bad.

Back