• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

look what I found this morning! *utterly cute!*

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
Remember the guineas I was fostering until it was decided if they were pregnant or not? Well.....Eeeeeeeeep! Look what I found this morning!!!!!! :D :D They seems to have been pregnant for what feels like forever. The little boy was castrated and him and his speyed female friend went off to their new home a couple of weeks ago.
(One day old!)
PIC_0002.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

PIC_0008.jpg

PIC_0009.jpg

PIC_0010.jpg

PIC_0011.jpg

(sorry pics a bit dark and blurry, were taken without flash so I didnt startle it/hurt its eyes)

I *think* its a female and it wasnt there last night but sitting in the hay this morning when I got up. I checked momma's to try and decide who it belonged too and the red female had blood around her vulva. I cant believe she has only had one teeny baby for how massive her tummy was, I'm pretty sure she must be finished though. The babe was fully dry and clean when I got up.
I think it might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen! :D
White female seems to have got huge overnight too so may be more babes soon.

I am the first to admit I know squat about piggies but that baby looks about a week old to me!! :oops: Desperately cute tho - and I'm sure Mum was glad she only had the one after giving birth to her!! :shock:

I am the first to admit I know squat about piggies but that baby looks about a week old to me!! :oops: Desperately cute tho - and I'm sure Mum was glad she only had the one after giving birth to her!! :shock:

:lol: i know its so strange that they are born with full coat of hair!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW i can see:D:D:D:D!
I didnt realise guinea pigs were so big only at one day old, and fur looks so good :shock: xx

Back