• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good vet??

clairen

Warren Scout
Hi,

I'm getting my new rescue buns tomorrow, I'm a first time owner. I was going to use our local vet but the rescue owner doesn't rate them much for rabbit experience. Unfortunately her vet is a bit too far to travel if there was an emergency. Can anyone recommend a good rabbit savvy vet in the Loughton, Essex area? Postcode IG10? Within a 20 min drive preferably?

Not sure what the rules are about putting names on here so please PM me, many thanks, Claire

:wave: How far is South Woodford? I've heard that a vet called Dominique at the S.Woodford branch of Goddards is very good. That was a while ago though, no idea if she's still there!

Wickford is a bit too far, but South Woodford should be ok. I'll call them and check whether Dominique is still there.

Many thanks :D

i go to one at south woodham ferrers and they are really good there, very friendly and good knowledge on rabbits. they are very good prices aswell, myxi vac/vhd are £11 each. neutur is £35, and i took peanut there 2day and i got free consultation cus it was his checkup after neuter and a painkiller jab ws 92p!

its hard to find a vet that does good value and good prices and they do both

however, i did go to their emergency vet in upminster on friday night bcus its linked to my surfery and they were very good? x

That would have been Wylie & Partners in Upminster then would it? That might be another alternative then. One of the vets at Companion Care in Romford is also supposed to be good, don't know which one though, but I could find out for you?

i go to one at south woodham ferrers and they are really good there, very friendly and good knowledge on rabbits. they are very good prices aswell, myxi vac/vhd are £11 each. neutur is £35, and i took peanut there 2day and i got free consultation cus it was his checkup after neuter and a painkiller jab ws 92p!

its hard to find a vet that does good value and good prices and they do both

however, i did go to their emergency vet in upminster on friday night bcus its linked to my surfery and they were very good? x

Where in upminster? I use a vet in Romford at the moment, good but a bit far and my buns don't like cars. I didn't like the local vet, shame as he is only two minutes away :(

Lou the vet in Upminster is just off the A127 at the top of Hall Lane. I did my work experience there many years ago!

That would have been Wylie & Partners in Upminster then would it? That might be another alternative then. One of the vets at Companion Care in Romford is also supposed to be good, don't know which one though, but I could find out for you?

Yeah I use companion care at romford, the is a chap called Alberto who is great :D he even drew me a picture to explain what was going on with Gus's teeth!

http://www.wylievets.com/

its good because there our vets emergency link, but if they were registered ther eyou know you would alwys be able to see your vet, as they have emergency service. its a large vet too, 4 consulation rooms, large reception, free tea lol! really friendly aswell

Lou the vet in Upminster is just off the A127 at the top of Hall Lane. I did my work experience there many years ago!

Hmmm that is a bit closer :? I really like Alberto at CC but don't usually get to see him, there was a young chap I saw with SweetPea who was really not good!

i only saw them once, as it isnt my usual, and obviously i was so worried about peanut at the time, but they were really good

it was a man that i saw, but i didnt catch his name!

altho i dont want to go back there bcus my mum embarassed me so bad! she was rally tired and the vet said 'whats the name?' and i said 'peanut' (is peanut butter but i call him peanut)

she then says 'surname?' obviously meaning mine

my mum says 'butterrrrrrrrrrr' and we all burst out laughing and she was like 'why did i just say that?!' lol so i kept going 'mr butterrrr were ready for you now' and she got annoyed lol

That's really funny! I can just imagine my mum saying that too. Whenever my mum helps me take the animals to the vets, I'm in the consultation room and all I can hear is my mum chatting away to whoever is in the waiting room. :roll: :lol:

Not a lot of turnover...both Ray and Kathy were there when I was there in 1990! I know where Ray lives too, he's right near my parents. It certainly looks promising - a couple of exotic certificates and stuff among the staff. They were always a well equipped practice with their own lab and a separate ward for small animals right back then, so might be a reasonable bet! All their info on the website is about cats and dogs though, go on I dare you to mention to them that they should add more about buns ;)

William Lewis according to the website, south african?

I like it when the vet called my buns "surname" as well "Gus and Poppy Carter" :lol: :lol:

at best friends, in south woodham they have a section on rabbits on their website, thats why i chose them, cus no other website i saw had anything except dogs and cats.

honestly though i was so embarassed and now im ust sitting here p*****g myself lol!

Back