• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 Monthly Myxo Vac Now Recommended NATIONWIDE

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Christobel just called to say that the RCVS have now said that Buns should be vaccinated against Myxomatosis every 6 MONTHS regardless of geographical location

Janex

Intervet have said for over a year that vaccs only gives 6 months immunity :roll:

I wish vets would actually read the instructions!

My vet has always reccomended 6 monthly boosters, i'm not sure if that's because of the area or if they are just being sensible.My friend has only just got her rabbits vaccinated after me trying to persuade her for 2 years, as she thought it was 'a waste of money' so she waited until her mother said she would pay :rolleyes: chances are, she won't keep up the 6 monthly boosters, so the whole thing is pretty pointless really.

Intervet have said for over a year that vaccs only gives 6 months immunity :roll:

I wish vets would actually read the instructions!

Exactly, then they might realise the importance of administering the vaccine correctly.
I met yet another Vet today who had 'no idea it was necessary'.......:roll:

Janex

I phoned my vets at dinner cus they had called to cancel my appt. due to stock problems... they now have stock reserved for my ladies who will be done on thurs aft x

Used to have mine done annually, but since moving to a semi rural area and reading about all the myxi problems have now started having it done 6 monthly and will continue to do so. Just hope it does the job.

xx

I have only had Twix 15 months and Biscuit since new years eve. Twix has had jabs every 6 months. When I took Biscuit for his first myxi jab, I was told yearly unless there was outbreaks locally, but I made up my mind to stick with 6 monthly jabs. They were both boostered just over a week ago.

my vets have been great today. after me calling to ask if i could pull my appt forward, to them saying they have no myxi vaccines... me getting mad at them... (well not to them but after the call) they then let a msg on my answerphone, i called late surgery and YAY. booked thurs aft..

im nercous tho x

Back