• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meg-U/D 24th September-She's Gone :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Meg has not been spayed in time to prevent the spread of her Uterine Cancer :cry:
Over the weekend Meg developed laboured breathing whilst at rest. Her lung sounds are not consistent with infection and Christobel has said it is *possible* that some cancer cells had already spread from the tumour in her uterus and have been slowly growing in her lungs :cry:
I will not be putting Meg through the stress of a Chest X-ray as if it is Cancer nothing can be done anyway. Christobel has recommended trying some abx just incase it is infection. But as Meg is so 'well within herself' I really dont think infection is the cause of her laboured breathing, I fear it is a metastatic cancer from the huge tumour that was in her Uterus :cry:

Please let me be WRONG.............

Janex

Last edited:
Awww I'm sorry Jane, it does sound possible. At least Meg has you to love her now for as long as her life will be

I'm really sorry to hear it could be bad news :( positive thoughts coming your way, really hope it turns out to be something less serious :)

Awww dear - are you sure it's not her heart? Hopefully she'll have a good quality of life for quite a while still - at least she can't understand the situation :(

Awww dear - are you sure it's not her heart? Hopefully she'll have a good quality of life for quite a while still - at least she can't understand the situation :(

No, her heart is really strong.

I am really glad she doesn't understand as she is so 'well within herself' at the moment

Janex

4.gif
to Meg. Remember my dear old Molly? She was riddled with "masses" but had fantastic quality of life.... I had to do the right thing by her when she started to suffer. I'm sure you'll do the very best for Meg.

Oh no Jane, I so hope it isn't a lung tumour.:( Having watched Ruby die from that I never want another bun go through the same thing.:cry: :cry: I agree with you on the x-ray front though, it's not worth it.

Mega mega vibes sent your way Jane ((hugs))

Thanks everyone.
At the moment Meg obviously 'feels' perfectly well. Its just her abnormal respiration effort when lying down and her slightly elevated head position that gives the clue to what *might* be going on :cry:

I will keep a close check on Meg's weight. Past experience has taught me that Buns with an advanced cancer lose weight rapidly. So at least I will get some idea of how long Meg has remaining by monitoring her weight and basing prognosis on what I have witnessed in other cancer affected Buns

:cry:

Janex

Really sorry to hear this Jane, I've been there and know how it makes you feel. Fingers crossed it isnt cancer but if it is, she'll be loved and looked after.:(

Back