• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freecycle bunny

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Someone has advertised a bunny on freecycle...i dont want to see her go to a home where someone wants her jus cus shes free. I dont know whether to put myself forward as a possible home.

i could go and get her, and then foster her, but im worried i will end up a failed fosterer!! eek!
what shall i do?

If you've got the space, time and money...go for it :thumb:

I'd send an email to suss out whether they are just a breeder trying to get rid of 'stock' before you commit yourself.

I 'rescued' a Freecycle rabbit at the start of this year because the owners dogs (8 staffies :shock: ) were trying to rip open her hutch to kill her :shock:

She was in terrible condition due to lack of food and water, and I was scared of losing her at first, but she made a fantastic recovery and is in great condition now :D

Amy

well she sounded genuine. she said she was about to be a mum again and she has a busy job etc etc etc i think she jus needs some love

A word to the wise....get her onto a rescue waiting list first, that way you know there is someone willing to take her on and also how long she will likely be your responsability for, however once a bunny is in foster care they are regarded as 'safe' and often have 'urgent' cases jump ahead of them meaning the total fostr period is longer.

Was it on the Chelmsford freecycle or another one more up your way? I could possibly take her, I just need to get my hutches back from Caroline's (unless she will give the hutch up with the bun then I could take it sooner) then I'm ready to start fostering again and will neuter, vaccinate, homecheck and help with bonding.

Personally I think with you having baby bunnies at the house and also buns who have been bickering when other buns are nearby, you'd be better off not risking it at the moment. But I can see your dilemma as I'd also hate to think where the poor thing might end up!

well shes colchester, i have asked for her, so if she hasnt gone yet i could get her and bring her to you when youre ready? sounds like a good plan!

Does the bunny come with a hutch...I try and get the hutch out of them if at all possible - partly because they usually come with rubbish hutches which are best off out of circulation, but partly because it also stops them from refilling it with another furry...!

yeh she does come with everything, they really love her you can tell, dont know what condition its in though. shes emailing me info at the moment

the woman is lovely she really doesnt want to give her up, she is very genuine and caring you can tell, shes emailing me a piccy of her in a little while.

Back