• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly in their run

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I put Milly & Molly into their run this afternoon. They had been in once before but it was only for 15 minutes. This time, it was only supposed to be half an hour but it progressed to about a hour. I'm going to do this every day, increasing by 15 minutes. Is this a good idea? They have never had vegetables in their rescue home so I'm introducing them slowly. They had dandelion leaves yesterday, and loved them. I was able to catch Milly easier this time because someone stood on one side of the run and she ran to my side, and I caught her. Is there any easy way to catch them? They were also biting again today. It was proper biting, if it was my hand, they'd draw blood. I say no and move whichever part of my body they are biting. If they follow, I pick them up and remove them from the situation. They don't like picking up anyway, so do you think that they will see picking up as a bad thing? Do you think I should remove myself from the run when they start biting? Or is this a reward to them because they probably don't want me in there anyway? If you could answer these questions, that'll be great. Here are the pics. Enjoy!!!

Milly being brave, Molly being a scaredy bunny
5zbw7d0.jpg

Molly being curious, Milly hiding behind Molly
54ocpdz.jpg

Milly sniffing the corner(probably planning a way to escape:roll: )
4lxlxk3.jpg

They don't want to talk to their mummy (or they're hatching an evil plan :lol: )
2napj4z.jpg

And a gorgeous one of Molly, being the happy bunny she is, pretending to be a meerkat and showing her tummy to mummy. :love:
4v5f4bc.jpg

Last edited:
thanks. I just did evening bunny tasks and Molly came to me through the open door to say hello and I was able to stroke her. I didn't want to push it so I left her to her own business. They usually associate the opening of the door to be caught, so do you think I should just open the door every now and then and just sit there and if they come to say hello, just stroke them and not pick them up?

Thats what I did and now, if Biscuit even hears the back door being opened she gets al exited because she knows her Mummy (or Daddy) is coming to giver her lots of love and cuddles

I put them into their run today for about an hour and I sat in with them. Both Milly and Molly were climbing all over me and Milly(who was quite nervous) sat on my arm and I stroked her. She was so trusting. Molly was running round in circles like a motorbike. :lol: And they were using me as a climbing frame to get out of the run. :shock: Does anyone else have this problem? I can't put the roof down because it's only 2ft high and my head popes out of the top. I was thinking of building like a trianglur roof over the open part so I can sit in it and have my head straight and they can't get out. And they had started some digging moves. Help!!!

You could try putting some pond netting over the run to stop them jumping out. I get mine in and out of the run with the pet carrier. I put it in the corner of the run and herd them into it so i don't have to pick them up.

also i don't see why they can't be left in the run for a few hours. There is no need to introduce them slowly to it :?

ok. It's just I'm the only one who can get them in and out of the run so I need to be there really. And they've already started some digging moves so they know the basic principle. This run needs to be moveable so how do I stop them from escaping?

ok. It's just I'm the only one who can get them in and out of the run so I need to be there really. And they've already started some digging moves so they know the basic principle. This run needs to be moveable so how do I stop them from escaping?

sorry i'm being thick, how would they escape? :? If you mean by digging a hole then just check on them every 15 minutes and if they dig a hole then you will need to move the run along. I didn't mean leave them unattended for a few hours :oops:

Back