• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transfering ownership with the BRC

beckys bunnies

Warren Scout
:wave: I was just wondering if anyone as had to transfer ownership with the BRC as my dutch rabbits are rung and i've looked into it and it saids that you need the current owner to sign the transfer forms, my problem is i rescue my rabbits from a local farmers market so don't know who the owner was. need advise how to go about getting them in my name :roll:

If you are a BRC member, you can buy rings and ring them in your own right, as long as you don't say that you bred them.

The BRC can give you the breeder from the ring number. You can only transfer if your a BRC member and you only really need to do it if you breed/show them.

Tam

If you are a BRC member, you can buy rings and ring them in your own right, as long as you don't say that you bred them.

Actually its against BRC rules to put rings on rabbits you haven't bred yourself.

Beside if these dutch are any older than about 8 weeks she'll never get new rings on them.

Ring the BRc and give them the ring numbers and they'll tell you who bred them and their contact number. They'll probably be horrified that rabbits they bred have ended up at a Farmers market!! :shock:

I am not a BRC member, nor do I show rabbits.....but I have been told this by two acquaintences of mine who are both BRC members and who show regularly. Obviously if it is the case that you are not allowed to do this, they aren't very knowledgeable about the organisation of which they are members!

Back