• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very worrying and frustrating

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I've just cleaned the hutches out and use a solution of Arklens with some Bugs Away in it. Then I spray the hutches with Bugs Away before putting all the stuff back in. I have a citronella candle burning in the garden as well as a huge garden insense stick, which is supposed to keep insects away. Brody goes in there as I'm putting the stuff back in and what is actually in the hutch but a mosquito :shock: :shock: You have never seen me move so fast to squish the blooming thing.

I'm at a loss :cry:

whats the bugga off stuff called Jill? I am not going to speak too soon but by coils seem to be working. I would also get some very fine net curtain to pin to the front of your hutches, I feel our winter is going to be a roller coaster of hot and cold so not convinced yet that the mozzys will die when they are suppose too:cry:

Yeah they are horrible - they remind me of dementors in Harry Potter :roll: They will hibernate in hutches and sheds when the weather gets colder too - when I was preparing my shed for bunnies in January a couple of years ago I moved a pile of wood and there was a load of mozzies overwintering under it :shock: They overwinter in rabbit burrows in the wild, which is why wild rabbits are so vulnerable.

well thats not good enough Jilly, I expect you to get in the hutch and shut the door behind you when you are cleaning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: roflol and if you decide to do this method then I want piccies please:lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwww hun try not to worry these god damned mozzies grr - yo are doing all you can to protect your buns Jill try your hardest not to worry although it is easier said than done I know :D

wow :shock: after they gave tilly mxy i go on a BIG mission to kill every mozzy that i see!!:roll: i swear i found one of them african Tiger mosquitoes in my house yesterday though...it was big (no it wasnt a daddy long legs/crane fly!!) and i HAD to kill it...:evil:

Back