• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ok guys this is the rabbit

rianne23

Mama Doe
i told u guys last week after my beloved tilly was pts, that there was a special little girl who was in need of a home...
well, i got some pics of her for u...

but first can u tell me if 6weeks is too soon for the babies to be away frm her???
phonepiccies204.jpg

this is the tiny tank she has been in for 8 weeks i think...
phonepiccies195.jpg

she doesnt have a name yet
phonepiccies199.jpg

but she is so very friendly!!

Arrr poor little one, she must be going mad cooped up in there with her babies, glad you are giving her a new home.

Rabswood

:D i am excited...she is my rescue rabbit!! 6 1/2 months old no name....ooo i gotta get her booked in on fri for her vhd and her mxy although not too sure how much it'll cost...i gotta pay £10 for her...usually i would not have bothered but she needs to escape...when my bunny had babies (considering it was not even planned dammit!! yes most of us have been in the "they are sisters" :roll: situation) i did the best i could do to give her as much room and an area they babies couldnt get to for at least 4weeks...just so she had "me" time!!! lol :lol:

I would say 8 weeks is the minimum you can take her from her babies.

Amanda x

:shock: wow he said they have stopped feeding off her now and he is taking them away frm her at the end of the week....i'm guessin money is that important cos these babes are 6weeks n are going to new owners way too young it would seem. 3 of them have homes waiting:cry:

Even though they are weaned they should still be with Mum until 8 weeks old. Even then they should be kept together for a further 2 weeks, then put into pairs if possible. A baby bun suddenly being on it's own will be scared and insecure. The Mummy is beautiful :D will you get her spayed and get her a boyfriend? :D

:shock: i feel terrible now.....what can i do??? i mean he says they are fine without her..so i think he is desperate to get sellin the babies...

how will she be without her babies?? i know she will relax but she will know they r not there...surely??? i feel like a baddie :cry:

and it is costing me a fair bit to have her VHD and myxi vaccines the minute i get her....so speying will be next month i shud think lol!! but i wud like to get her a friend ;-) do females not get on together??

yes it is :cry: this is why i have to have her, i have to save her :-( she has no privacy frm anybody....he has a quiet room out the back but she is in the front :cry: :roll: i feel so heartbroken for her...when i went to get the pics he let me have a "chat" :oops: with her and she was sticking her head out he said "no no i am not feeding you i will feed you before i go home" that was at 2pm...she had another 3hrs to go :-( i know i got very hungry whilst i was breast feeding my son, i can only assume she is in the same boat....

6 weeks is an absolute minimum for taking bunnies away from mom, but they still shouldn't be sold before 8 weeks. A 6-week old bunny may do fine on its own, but its immune system isn't completely evolved, therefore moving it that early could cause problems in the future.:?
I don't think the mom's going to get any problems. We had one rex at school who actually attacked her kits when they were 6 weeks for some reason:shock: (First litter... We moved the mother and kept the kits for a bit longer)

I think you should call your local council or RSPCA- he's only going to do it to other rabbits once you take her.

I think you should call your local council or RSPCA- he's only going to do it to other rabbits once you take her.

:cry: should i wait until i have saved her? also...wat about her babies...i wish i could take them but i cant afford them they are £25 each....you can see why he wants to sell them so fast now :evil: :censored: he has £100 just sitting in a tank.....costing him :cry: :censored: :evil: grrrrrr

I know some good breeders in Holland say 6 weeks with mum and then 2 more weeks just with brothers and sisters, before rehousing. There are actually a few vets who say the same... Everyone agrees that they shouldn't be rehomed before 8 weeks, that's for sure.

well i just got off the phone to my local RSPCA and she advised me that although not the best thing, the babies will be ok if they are eating hay etc..she just needs to get out of there. Once i have that bunny in my arms, i will be reporting them....i have evidence.
that is what i have been advised otherwise he may refuse to sell her to me.
i have enquired about rescuing a bunny frm the rspca for my bunny to have a companion...

she is beautiful. she is the spiting image of a bun i holiday boarded a few months ago called pip. she was a frencie doe, and looked EXACTLY like her, same face and everything. i hope you can save her and she will have a great life with you

Back