• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would these products be suitable for buns?

I don't know if the ball is chew proof, but at £9.99, it seems awful expensive!:?

The food dispenser isn't really necessary, I just give my buns their dry feed at night, a small handful each.:D

The log says its for reptiles, so the buns certainly couldn't crawl under it and its not natural wood, so I'd be worried about them chewing it.

The 4th item looks fine, but you may want to supervise them intially to make sure they don't chew it. I have a cat bed in my shed, and never had any problems with chewing.:)

I wouldn't use any of these items for bunnies. Don't overload them with toys and other stuff. Mine are not even interested in toys. Take an empty kitchen roll, filly some treats into the middle, then add hay on each end, and they will have something to play with. Or get one of those grassy balls from the Hay Experts, you can fill them with treats and hay, as well. They also sell log roll tunnels for bunnies that are big enough for them to fit through and safe to chew on.
I have a tunnel made of tent material, and they like it, but I only use it when I am around, because someone I know found one of her bunnies stuck between the layers of marterial, after it had chewed the tunnel. Luckily she found the bunny in time. Cardboard boxes are usually good fun, you can cut windows and doors into it, and they will make their own doors, too.

You're having a serious attack of 'bunnies first Christmas' syndrome :? Causes immense damage to your wallet, and all they really want of COURSE :roll: is a cardboard box :lol:

I just put my first order in with the hay experts (now I fill like a fully affilliated member LMAO) I got the selection pack of hay (which they offer free shipping on if thats all you want to order) But I got a couple of other bits and pieces.

My 2 love cardboard boxes tho :D I fill them with meddow hay and put some hearb leaves at the bottom and they go digging :lol:

My answer would be exactly the same as what Beebop has said! The SS might get stuck in the dispenser too? Depends how large the hole in the dispenser is. My buns have a tennis ball which they totally ignore, £10 is a lot for a plastic ball! To be honest, mine ignore anything which they can't eat :lol: I would say to get a wood tunnel or willow one so it doesn't matter if they chew it. I bought sooo much stuff for my first bunny when I got him... he ignored most of it :roll: I also try to give their toys/chews in rotation so they don't get bored of one particular thing :)

You're having a serious attack of 'bunnies first Christmas' syndrome :? Causes immense damage to your wallet, and all they really want of COURSE :roll: is a cardboard box :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We have all been there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know someone who has one of those dispenser things it has dispensed jelly beans and cornflakes so that might give a rough idea for size of stuff passing through it :lol:

if the balls are anything like oomer balls they would be pretty much un chewable but they are heavy. he have a booner for the dogs and even the fully grown springers dont like it if it hits their toes whilst it is rolling very hard too so that would be what would worry me the most.

my buns had their first christmas last year they each got a personalised stocking full of little pressies and treats. loads of new toys and a handmade bed they then got a 'christmas lunch' of roast type veges :lol:

Back