• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Cheeky Thump...

Jenk

Young Bun
Am I the only one who finds bunny thumping rather amusing? Of my two bunnies, Emma thumps the most. (I've only heard Zoe thump two or three times in the five weeks that we've had them.) I chalk it up to Emma's coloration (broken red, I believe); I tease her that it's her fiery, red-head nature talking.

When she thumps, I do try to figure out what's causing her displeasure. And, yet, I can't suppress a giggle because she gives me an insolent stare from the side (what I call "giving me the one-eyed glare"). I can't help myself and must tease her slightly, like saying, "Miss Emma, what exactly is the problem? Please see the complaint box if you have a legitimate complaint." Based upon her continued glare, I assume that she's not amused by my humor. :lol:

the only time Alvin has thumped was friday night/sat morning after his op... it was about 5am and hed been restless all night and he did it twice it quite upset me knowing id caused him such pain :( i hope i never hear it again :cry:

the only time Alvin has thumped was friday night/sat morning after his op... it was about 5am and hed been restless all night and he did it twice it quite upset me knowing id caused him such pain :( i hope i never hear it again :cry:

I can completely understand it being upsetting when thumping follows a surgery. If he's not feeling well, then his thumping isn't anything to tease about.

I hope that Alvin recovers quickly and returns his non-thumping self again soon.

Last edited:
Maa thumps when she's scared of a cat, and also when she's really excited for her breakfast or veg - it's like 'hurry up woman!' :)

Maa thumps when she's scared of a cat, and also when she's really excited for her breakfast or veg - it's like 'hurry up woman!' :)

I bet that's exactly what she's thinking while waiting for her food, too! :lol:

hes getting there... he fights now when we are giving him his meds, and once or twice hes beat up the cage.... maybe one day ill get just an annoyed thump rather than a pained one, then ill appreciate just how cute it can be :)

Charm thumps sometimes. When he's sulking at me he'll run under the bed (It's his home in his head) and thump once. It's like he's saying "so there" to me :p

Mine thump at me if I do something they don't like - so in Luuna's case, anything that involves me picking her up... :roll: She doesn't seem to understand that sometimes it has to be done :lol: Bailey doesn't normally thump at me, but if I've been holding him and he didn't want to be then he will flick his feet lots when I put him down... they're such funny things!
It must be distressing when you know your bunny isn't feeling well though :( Hope he is feeling better very soon :wave:

duchess thumps when i go in their room (although to be fair i normally ake her up so i suppose it is a bit of a shock) she then sits peeking at me just to see if food is on offer before deciding whether i am worthy of cuddles or not :roll: :lol: teegs used to thump to wake me up at night before he had duchess but now i very rarely hear him thump, then again he has thumpy bum to do it for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omg!

If I hadn't witnessed it myself, I'd have never believed it....

Tonight, my husband--how shall I put this?--um, "passed wind" while in the bunnies' room. Both girls immediately raised their heads at the sound, and Emma then thumped once. :lol: I'm sure that she was providing an alarm due to the unrecognizable sound, but I told my husband that she was none-too-pleased with his overly-relaxed behavior.

Last edited:
Bugys thumps at the vets! and if i get home and don't let her out her cage the second i get in she starts thumping! Also at breakfast time if i'm not quick enough i get told to hurry up!

Back