• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attacking the dog.

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
Buster is attacking the dog :cry: :cry: they have been fine together but this weekend he is growling at her and biting her. Luckily she is laid back but I am right in thinking his hormones have kicked in? Off the vets for a snippity snip me thinks :lol:

I know I am not really a good person to give advice but this is my reply.

Is Buster a dog or a bunny and is the dog he is beginning to attack a female or male?
As if it's a female then it may be as he wants to "do it" and she doesn't?

I think it would be best to ask your vets for advice but good luck and keep us updated :thumb:

Diana xx

How old is he? Yes, neutering may well help. In the meantime don't leave them together in case the accidentally hurt each other.

He is 7 months old now and I never leave them together anyway. He chases her out of my bedroom and has also gone for the cat today. The dog is a female but he will chase the boy dog too and only if they are by his stuff. It has only just started happening and he isn't frightened of the dogs cos he sleeps with them in the lounge. He also sprayed wee all over the boy dog earlier.:shock: I think I will try and nip it in the bub and get him castrated.

Did you ever see Britains worst pet? There was a rabbit on it once that was attacking the owners dogs. I think they got him neutered and it stopped the behaviour. Maybe he thinks they are rival rabbits after the affections of his doe. (you) :p

Def sounds like he has 'come of age' Ive had several house bun boarders who have been fine with my animals and me until they reach maturity and then they become very territorial. George the last one like this was neutered and when he came back a couple of months later, he was back to his old self with the other animals and no aggression at all :D

I think I will get him booked in next week. No more biting since the weekend but I will nip this behaviour in the bud I think.

Back