• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits have to eat grass?

DDD

Mama Doe
mine arent good on the grass and destroy it and dig so i keep their run on concrete now. Do i need to cut some grass for them everyday or can they do without it and have it every now and then?

Do they get plenty of hay? :D I grow pots of grass for mine, you can get the seeds here and I just put it in their runs :D

https://www.thehayexperts.com/index.php?cPath=16

The only thing is it takes about three weeks to grow and they eat it in minutes :roll: :lol: So I have loads of pots of grass around the garden :lol: It needs to be introduced slowly though ;)

Do they get plenty of hay? :D I grow pots of grass for mine, you can get the seeds here and I just put it in their runs :D

https://www.thehayexperts.com/index.php?cPath=16

The only thing is it takes about three weeks to grow and they eat it in minutes :roll: :lol: So I have loads of pots of grass around the garden :lol: It needs to be introduced slowly though ;)
they have loads of hay all the time, also fresh veg once a day and mix once a day. they are OK eating grass, just i have to go round the garden with scissors, neighbours must think im mad!!!

ive actually got some grass seed. i will grow some when next have some plastic food trays.

As long as they get plently of hay its fine :D I think all our neighbours think we are mad on here so I wouldnt worry about that ;) :lol:

Mine just have it for a treat - I let my garden go and it's lovely and long in spring, although a bit 'gone over' now :)

My 2 really aren't that into grass (compared to my piggies, who adore it), but they love the stuff that I grow indoors, so I'm going to try to keep lots of pots on rotation!

Mine are on slabs too, I have a roll of turf which I cut up and put into a cat litter box and put it into their run.

I give mine a small bowl of dried grass each evening, they go crazy for it! One of mine has never had 'real' grass, but my new bun used to live outside at the rescue. I don't want her to miss it, but I don't have the space to grow lots of grass indoors right now! So the dried grass will have to do for her until I have a garden!

Back