• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Windy weather

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Its windy today, well breezt really. thier run is as sheltered as poss but some of it does get wind in it...
should i leave them out or should they go back in the shed?
x

mine love the wind and like me to blow on their faces a lot :lol: so I guess its up to you! :D
As long as they have somewhere to shelter if they are out.

Mine go nuts when its windy, they just run about and binky all over the place so I always put them out when its windy because I know they are getting exercise instead of just laying on the grass :lol:

It's shocking today - Benny always hides upstairs in his bedroom, and won't come out for a run, so he's risking stasis, and Maa has left a caecal when she got startled (the patio furniture's blowing around :shock: ) - so I hope she's OK too :rolleyes: I think the shed bunnies are fine - it's concrete so they don't really notice till they come out for a run, and usually they go straight back inside :)

Mine like the wind too :D . My mini-lop Molly (who sadly passed away earlier this year) worshipped the wind cos it would brush her long fur. As long as they have shelter if they choose to get out of the wind, then they'll be fine x

Mine have not come out today, even though they have the full run of the garden! One is sat in the run and the other is tucked up in bed.

i decided to oput them back about 5 mins ago as the wind got worse, so they are safely tucked up in the shed x

My two tear around the garden in the wind and, whatever the weather, they are waiting at the door impatiently to be let loose every morning! :D

Pepper doesn't like it, the others are ok.
As long as they have somewhere to shelter, they should be fine.

Back