• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parasite question?

Radish

Mama Doe
Hi

my bun Maisie has a small bald patch at the base of her sternum. I noticed it last night as i was giving her the once over before bed.

the skin looks very slightly scratched and rough...it's hard to tell whether she has pulled the fur out(couldn't see any fur in the hutch but i'd cleaned her out yesterday morning) and left a sore patch or whether she has scratched at it.

the patch is about two centimetres long and one centimetre wide.

i can't find any other bald patches and the rest of her skin looks fine and i can't see anything living in her coat.

my question is really....what kind of parasites can they get and is the chest area a common site of anything like that?

i gave her a dose of ivomec last night and i also mouse proofed the bottom half of her hutch yesterday as i found mouse poo in it:evil:

i'm not necessarily thinking she has caught bugs off a mouse but more worried that she might have something more rabbity going on..any advice would be very welcome.

At this stage i'm not taking her to the vet. i will do but only if the patch gets bigger/more appear or something else changes.

nope none so def not cheyletiella mite problem.

i noticed today she is shaking her head a lot and scratching the side of her face but her ears look totally clean.

Back