• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More Lilac Vetbed!!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Shown off by

Leo and William

Picture1223.jpg

Chloe and Rodney

Picture1225.jpg

And the infamous Sir Victor Velveteen!!

Picture1217-1.jpg

Janex :D

OK, this may seem like a silly question, but what exactly IS Vetbed? I'm from the US, and I have never heard of such a thing. I googled it and everything says UK. And none of the sites I looked at gave an actually description of what it is, or what it does.

I love how you have so many different colours Jane, do you colour code them with the colours of your buns?;) I think Sir Vic goes great with the purple!:lol: :lol:

but i thought all breeding was bad and that everyone should get buns from rescue centres and man made breeds were bad as well coz they do nothing for the ecosystem according to a few other members on here:?

but i thought all breeding was bad and that everyone should get buns from rescue centres and man made breeds were bad as well coz they do nothing for the ecosystem according to a few other members on here:?

Have *I* said all breeding is bad :? As I have some Rabbits from a couple of Breeders I cant, can I

Irresponsible breeding and off-loading stock to Pet Shops is, IMHO, irresponsible. Particularly when the Breeder has no idea where the Rabbits off-loaded will end up. Some have said that their specific breed are not suitable for childrens pets, something to do with the breed having very delicate bones or something. Yet they still supply the Pet Shop trade with these Rabbits, or cross breeds from them. They are very likely to be sold as a childs Pet despite the breeder *knowing* this is not in the best interests of the Rabbit's welfare

So I am not *personally* against *responsible* breeding. Sadly not many of those exist

Jane :)

Have *I* said all breeding is bad :? As I have some Rabbits from a couple of Breeders I cant, can I

Irresponsible breeding and off-loading stock to Pet Shops is, IMHO, irresponsible. Particularly when the Breeder has no idea where the Rabbits off-loaded will end up. Some have said that their specific breed are not suitable for childrens pets, something to do with the breed having very delicate bones or something. Yet they still supply the Pet Shop trade with these Rabbits, or cross breeds from them. They are very likely to be sold as a childs Pet despite the breeder *knowing* this is not in the best interests of the Rabbit's welfare

So I am not *personally* against *responsible* breeding. Sadly not many of those exist

Jane :)

I would have to agree with what Jane has said here - I can see the point of responsible breeding plan by ethical breeders. I've always thought it is a bit of an emotive subject and their are a lot of arguments to be brought forth on this topic.

I always encourage anyone who is considering getting a bun/s not to buy from petshops - although I have done so myself many years ago, when I didn't know any better:?

A lot of rabbits in rescues come originally from a breeder and if someone is looking for a specific breed it is possible to find a rescue - might just take awhile to hunt around.

Back