• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies in the rain.

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Skye's been an outside bunny for a few weeks now but over the past couple of days there's been quite heavy rain and I've noticed that she likes to sit outside in the rain. I've just been out to see her and it's really dark and rainy and she's still sitting outside in her run.

Does anyone else's bunnies do this? You'd think she'd be cold. Especially as there is a nice cozy bedroom area with loads of hay and vetbed to keep warm. :lol:

Mine used to do this when she was on her own. I was always fretting about it. She has a o/h now and doesn't sit around in a daze anymore. Can you get her a mate or does she not want one? x

Mine used to do this when she was on her own. I was always fretting about it. She has a o/h now and doesn't sit around in a daze anymore. Can you get her a mate or does she not want one? x

I've tried her with two boy bunnies but neither of them worked out well so now I have 3 single bunnies.... If I could find somewhere close by that would help out with the bonding I'd be happy to get her a mate.

When I took mine on vacation they tended to sit out in the rain and go inside when it was sunny:roll: Silly backwards-bunnies...

my 2 old french live outside in a 4 ft shed and have the run of the garden ther always out eating my herbs come rain or shine i just leave them too it they tend to like the rain more than the sun:roll:

is it correct that rexes shouldnt get wet because their guard hairs arent as long as other breeds? I read that they could catch cold from this which is very serious. I dont leave liquoriceout in the rain for this reason...

is this right?

I don't know about the rex thing, although would be interested to know since Mr Blob, one of our new bunnies is a huge rex cross with the most peculiar fur :shock:. But I do know that both Remus and Evelyn are rather fond of light rain and will binky around at the mere hint of it.

is it correct that rexes shouldnt get wet because their guard hairs arent as long as other breeds? I read that they could catch cold from this which is very serious. I dont leave liquoriceout in the rain for this reason...

is this right?

I have rexes, they've been out in the rain a couple of times (though I tend to take them in before it gets too bad, same with my normal coated one).
Only problem I've had in my rexes is that my buck got sore paws after his cage hadn't been cleaned out properly in a while:?

Back