• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long between spay and bonding?

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Well it looks like poor little Strawberry is now terrified of her sister since she attacked her y'day:( . Whenever I try them together (under very close supervision) she runs over and frantically grooms her sister, but her stance shows that she's ready to flee. Her sister has chased her trying to nip her bum :(

I really can't face putting her back in the trio if there is the slightest risk she could get injured again, so it looks like she'll get a husbun instead - O/H frantically counting the coppers as I'm looking on Ebay for a Happy Hutch:lol:

TO GET TO THE POINT :lol: how long do you recommend between her being spayed and meeting potential (already neutered) partners - I want her to be well on the road to recovery - thanks:)

Personally I would not attempt a new bonding for at least 4 weeks
Although I know some people say this is completely unnecessary and they say bonding within a week of a spay is fine...........
My Vet has expressed concerns about this and as I trust her implicitly I would go with her opinion above anyone else

Good Luck :wave:

Janex

Thanks Jane - I think it'll take me a few weeks to get a new home together for them, so I'm not going to rush things.
I hope she falls for the small neutered male already at the sanctuary, as the only other comparable size for her are babies that haven't been neutered yet. She looks so sad already on her own:(

I think i read somewhere that you should wait 6 weeks before introducing a neutered/spayed rabbit to another.I'm pretty sure males can remain furtile for that amount of time after the op.

I waited at least 6 weeks with all my girls. You know how enthusiastic male buns can be when they get a new mate.

Rabswood

Back