• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are his markings called?

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
Okey I have never really gotten a strait answer about this. What is Prince's coat & markings called?Anyone know?

rudyandprince096.jpg

rudyandprince173.jpg

rudyandprince103.jpg

rudyandprince070.jpg

I dont know if you can see it al that good BUt Prince has 1 other small grey spot on his back bout the size of a pea

He doesn't fit anything specifically. Could be an english cross or broken pattern.

Tam

hmmm I know I have asked thi before but what do yall think he is crossed with?If you can tell he dosnt have the nethie build at all but hmm

I think he might be a double-broken, not sure what the marking is called in english but we call it "Hvitschecke" (White Schecke) in norwegian.
That is when you breed two broken rabbits (gene-code Kk) you'll get a rabbit with hardly any markings at all (KK). These bunnies may sometimes be weaker than their brothers and sisters, and are more prone to digestive problems. But I wouldn't worrry about that;) Many white scheckes do fine and live healthy lives like any other rabbits.
Could also be that he's just broken, with very few markings.

Markings rarely show what breed a rabbit is, as dwarf rabbits exists in almost any colour. He's not an hotot, or he would only have the rings around the eyes, the rest would be white.
I'm pretty sure he's broken, Kk or KK, which is a very common marking in lop dwarves at least, but I have seen it on netherland dwarves as well.

Last edited:
Okey I have never really gotten a strait answer about this. What is Prince's coat & markings called?Anyone know?

rudyandprince096.jpg

rudyandprince173.jpg

rudyandprince103.jpg

rudyandprince070.jpg

I don;t know but please tell me what is that thing like a jacket he's got on, is it for health reasons?

Looks like a partially marked siamese mix to me. :)

In that case it would be broken siamese, it wouldn't be impossible but it doesn't look like siamese to me.. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he would have had such dark spots under his eyes if he was.
Pelle2.jpg

Here's a picture of a fully coloured siamese, you could compare the colours of your rabbit's coloured spots to him, but seeing as he's got such few spots I don't think it would be possible to tell what colour he would have had if he wasn't broken.
Another picture of a broken kit too with her mom. She is black "Hvitshecke". Only a few spots on the back. The mother is a broken tortishell. (We don't know who the father is)
P1010014-1.jpg

The markings on a broken rabbit can vary from being colored on the whole back (capped) to almost no spots at all.

What?, a harness for taking him for walks.........to where?,

It's just a harness to make it easier to let the rabbits run around outside.
Not all bunnies are tame enough to be let loose outside and then be easy to catch afterwads.. You can't walk them like a dog though.;)
I have harnesses for all my buns, and find it very useful, espesially seeing as I have two runs and three unbonded rabbits:roll: Also I can't use the runs in the winter because of all the snow.

That is so cruel for rabbits, they are prey animals!!, can you imagine how that must feel to have that on them:shock: :shock:

That is so cruel for rabbits, they are prey animals!!, can you imagine how that must feel to have that on them:shock: :shock:

They don't care. Honestly.
I know plenty of bunnies who use them, including my own and they don't mind at all. Its better than having them run out into the forrest and actually END UP as prey.:roll:
Sasukeslapperav.jpg

You go tell me this bunny looks stressed out:roll:

That is going to offend quite a few english members on here that also use harness's Snowy:lol: :lol: some rabbits do actually adapt to them very well and they are generally used to protect the rabbit from an environment but allows them time in the fresh air. I am not overly keen on them but if others have found them to be useful when travelling with their buns rather than put them into boarding then who am I to critisize. The bun in the picture doesn't looked fazed by it to me, as I say, some buns dont mind where as other buns object totally to them. Dare I say this but last week I found my Eddie bun wearing a pair of my daughters thongs, he had been through the dirty washing again but he was well relaxed in them, happy feet and all where as i would expected him to be struggling to get them off:lol: I am sure you can appreciate that I would of posted a picture but as being as they were dirty decided not to take one:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is going to offend quite a few english members on here that also use harness's Snowy:lol: :lol: some rabbits do actually adapt to them very well and they are generally used to protect the rabbit from an environment but allows them time in the fresh air. I am not overly keen on them but if others have found them to be useful when travelling with their buns rather than put them into boarding then who am I to critisize. The bun in the picture doesn't looked fazed by it to me, as I say, some buns dont mind where as other buns object totally to them. Dare I say this but last week I found my Eddie bun wearing a pair of my daughters thongs, he had been through the dirty washing again but he was well relaxed in them, happy feet and all where as i would expected him to be struggling to get them off:lol: I am sure you can appreciate that I would of posted a picture but as being as they were dirty decided not to take one:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry for laughing but a bunny wearing a thong!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway, I really don't mean to offend but I am just thinking of the bunnies that are forced to wear them, they are a prey animal and would be taken like that and I think that must be very distressing for them, it's even worse than them having collars, I think it's terrible, poor bunnies, :cry: :cry: :cry: and why would it offend 'English' members? and not others if it's going to offend won;t it offend everyone?

Back