• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh goes too quickly!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
The Carefresh that I'm using has nearly gone in 3 DAYS!!! Does anyone else have this problem? I'm going to be spending about £50 a month just on carefresh. I do chuck away the Carefresh in their litter tray every day because they poo and wee so much that I can't separate the soiled from the clean.

Yep one bag fills up one litter tray here :shock: :lol: I use megazorb, it comes in a huge sack and isnt very expensive. I only use carefresh for the indoor litter trays and the rats cage :D

Yep - I use megazorb too - ukpetsupplies or you can look at northern crop driers website to see if there's a stockist local to you - it's just £5 a sack if so, and it's 75litres/15kg :shock:

I must admit I use it for the rat cage but not for rabbit litter, any paper based litter will do and can be bought much cheaper in large sacs.

I use wooden cat litter pellets and hay for the outside buns. Squidgy decided it's too hard for his delicate little feet :roll: so I use half pellets and half carefresh. It seems to last longer this way.

I use megazorb too, its cheap and very absorbant. It looks just like the carefresh and I have heard that megazorb is less dusty. I used to empty out the soiled bits once a day, then the whole thing in the evening, but now that I have two bunnies I chuck the lot twice a day and refill it - they soak it between them. Carefresh would cost me a fortune too! :lol:

thanks. I'll see if I can buy some megazorb. They have only gone in the litter tray since I got them so would they be ok with a different brand?

thanks. I'll see if I can buy some megazorb. They have only gone in the litter tray since I got them so would they be ok with a different brand?

I would have thought so. I'm not sure what it smells like, but they look pretty much the same. You could always mix the new and old litters together and change it over gradually, the same as food, if you are worried they will stop using the trays :)

Back